cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAP: Child Entity navigation not working properly

ruchirsaxena
Participant
0 Kudos

I created a RAP app with a parent-child relationship.

When I click on create for the child entity, it should navigate to the child entity's main screen for input, which actually was working fine when I created the app. However, testing the same recently after a while, it is no longer navigating to the page where I should be seeing the Apply button as below:

However, it looks like the apply action is automatically getting triggered, and I am directly being led from the following Step 1:

to the following Step 3 (which ideally shows after you fill in the fields on Step 2 and click on Apply):

Due to this I am not able to fill all the mandatory fields, which is problematic.

I have not made any changes on the functionality, but just a bit with the authorization objects, which I reverted. what could be the reason for the same?

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DiegoValdivia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchir,

I suggest to look for the following line in Manifest.json and remove it in case it exists there:

"inline" creation mode is the one we use to create item entries in the same page without navigating to the item object page.

Regards.

ruchirsaxena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diego, thanks for your answer, but I could not find this statement in the manifest file. Is this also possible from somewhere within ABAP?

Best REgards