Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Data Import Feature of MDG

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have few question on MDG Data Import Feature, as below:

1. Is it possible to perform Mass load of Business Partner in MDG, Automatically. If Yes, then How it can be done. Please consider that we have some Custom attributes too in Business partner.

2. During Mass load, Business want MDG System to perform duplication check automatically by comparing records from file with what in MDG. If there are duplicate records then ignore those from import, else import in MDG.

I found some documents on "File upload", and "Import Master Data" for point no 1, but got other questions like:

1. As per my understanding using file upload, only one Entity can be imported at a time. if we want to load multiple entities in one shot, then file upload will not work. Please confirm is this correct.

2. For 'Import Master Data' using Data import framework, is it possible to import business partners with custom attributes. If yes, then how it can be achieved.

3. For 'Import Master Data' using Data import framework, is it possible to load from both IDoc XML format and ESO (standard ES format) or which format is supported.

All help is appreciated for above questions.

Thanks,

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use BADI for one shot upload refer to the below link,you might answers to some of your questions.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-54769

you can define the key mapping for import and idetifying the duplicate records.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Please find below answer for your questions, which might help you :

1. Yes, file upload will work for only one entity, if you want to upload multiple entites in one shot, go for data import framework.

2.yes, it is possible to import business partner with custom attributes but for these, you need to enhance web service with your custom attributes as BP uses web service for Initial upload.

3. You can use IDoc XML or Csv file also but then you need to convert Csv file into IDoc XML only.

And as per knowledge Data Import framework doesn't provide duplicate check functionality.

Regards,

Sudhir

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers.

is it mandatory to enhance Web Service structure to load BP with custom attributes?

We do not have PI in our landscape, so not sure how to enhance it. Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Also as you mentioned we can use IDoc XML. in this case if I enhance IDoc, will it work for uploading custom attributes as well, or in this case also we have to enhance Web Service.

Please let me know

Thanks.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also let me know how import can be scheduled for automatic import daily..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

1.Yes, In case of BP, you need to enhance web service with your custom attributes. Also you need to enhance IDoc with custom attributes.

If you don't have PI in your Landscape, then you can enhance web service directly in MDG box, you need to create enhancement in web service for these.

2. You need to enhance both web service and IDoc in case of BP.

Pls follow the same step suggested by Shankar, but that is for material. For material standard class is available which you will copy but in case of BP no such standard class is available so you need to copy material class and change code for BP.

I am not aware how to schedule import daily as it need same manual steps.

Regards,

Sudhir