cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with TMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I'm trying to configure TMS system but some problems have appeared. First problem is that TMS says "Could not determine tp parameter DBHOST" when I'm creating the system (single system include in itself domain).

I suppose that when I create a TMS one profile file must be create in the path /usr/sap/trans/bin, isn't it? If so, nothing was created when I configured the transport system and I had to create TP_DOMAIN_XXX.PFL and TPPARAM file in that path.

This system is running on Unix in a distributed system. Application

server is running in AIX and Database instance is running on Solaris.

These are the Steps for the Reconstruction :

1.TA STMS

2.Create a new transport system

3.When save changes, appears first message: "Could not determine tp

parameter DBHOST"

4.Go to "system overview" and all seems OK, but when check the system,

tab "Transport tool" is empty

5.Go to Transport routes and try to activate and save the changes but a

new error ":000" ¿¿?? appears and it doesn't change anything.

Can anybody to help me?

Thank you.

Javier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Try reconfiguring the TMS in your system (trx TMS - Extras - Reconfigure TMS).

When you first set your TMS the process creates automatically 3 files in the \usr\sap\trans\bin directory:

1. domain.cfg

2. tp_domain_<SID>.pfl

3. tpparam_inst<SID>

You should not create them manually. If you still can't find those files after reconfiguring might be there is something going wrong when you set it up. Maybe you can post the steps you follow (in detail) to configure the TMS. The first step to configure the TMS is to name the Domain Transport Controller (if you have a single host you can put the same name).

Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jessicab.

I explain you all steps:

1.- TA STMS. Configure a new domain controller. As you say, this is a single system so I configure the domain controller with itself. (system is named CR5).

2.- When we go to save the domain controller next message appears: "Could not determine tp profile parameter DBHOST". I do click in green mark and continue.

3.- In TA STMS appears a message saying "TMS not configured for this SAP System". I go to System Overview and there is CR5 system. A green semaphore is on column "Config. Status". I do double click on this system and I go to the "Transport tool" tab. This tab is empty.

4.- In TA STMS again, I go to the "Transport routes" screen. There is my system. When I try to save change because my system is modified (appears marked with yellow color), SAP system do nothing and an error appears onto the status bar. This message only sais: ":000", no more.

After these steps, I connect to OS level and I check /usr/sap/trans/bin path. There is nofile.

I have checked all permissions for cr5adm user for /usr/sap/trans path and they are all right.

I hope your help again because this is the first time that I have this problem.

Thank you.

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jessicab.

I have solved the problem. It was that SAPDBHOST variable wasn't defined in DEFAULT.PFL profile. I wrote in this file and works.

Thank you for your help.

Javier

Answers (0)