cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Crystal Report Data Labels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I've search the internet for few days and I still couldn't find the right solution for my problem.

A quick introduction before I start for my development environment:

• Visual Studio Community 2015 with Crystal Report for .NET Framework
  • Crystal Report 2013 Support Pack 4

I've written a CR Viewer Program using VB.net and the program works fine in rendering and displaying the report, however I do have an issue when it comes to charts. The client have requested a barchart report and the report rendered correctly within the Crystal Report designer as depicted in the image below. (The data label font is slightly bigger but it is still acceptable)

Problem arise when I include this report inside my viewer program. When user generate the report, the data label just went haywire. As you can see, the data labels are overlapping and it will only get worst when there's more data added to the report.

I just want to know where do I go to resize the Data Labels text.

I've tried this link before but its not working for my case except that I can only resize the group label font size.

http://kenhamady.com/cru/archives/2433

Any helps or suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Zaki,

There's an issue with charts in SP 18, layering, if you want to try SP 18 you can get from the link below or wait until friday for SP 19, hopefully...

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Crystal+Reports%2C+Developer+for+Visual+Studio+Downloads

Don

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don

Thank you the answer. I will wait for this Friday to download the SP19. I have somehow fix this issue by changing the orientation of the report. Switching from portrait to landscape seems to work just fine. There is no more overlapping issue.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don

Thank you for your reply. Im using CR version 13.0.16.1954

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean by I have to do this in the report itself. I don't have any problem when I edit the report inside the designer. The problem only occurred when I view the report using our external CR Viewer program.

0 Kudos

HI Zaki,

What CR for VS SP are you using?

There are no Chart API's in our SDK so you need to do this in the report itself so I'm adding Crystal to your TAG list.

Don