cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to print a content of a TextEdit UI Element in Web Dynpro. What will be a simple way to send this text content (context attribute of type STRING) to a printer which is set in the profile for the current user?

Kind regards,

Oleksandr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One way could be to open a new window as a pop up with the ADOBE Print Form containing the content of this text box.

And then User printing it..

Let's see if someone comes with another solution..

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a right approach as Manas suggested. You have to create a interactive form in your WD component and then bind Template source property with the Adobe form which you created.

In this Adobe form you just have to create a importing parameter and when you add this form in your WD component, it will automatically create a noed in the context. Then you assign the value to this node and get the same value in a popup. Now you are able to print this value.

Hope it helps you.

Thanks

Sanket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answers and proposals!

But my idea was to implement it in an easier way without connecting to Adobe Forms or SmartForms. So, I have a popup with TextEdit field and Button "Print". If I user this button, the content of the TextEdit field is sent to printer without opening a new window as an intermediate step.

The implementation like

NEW-PAGE PRINT ON...

WRITE...

NEW-PAGE PRINT OFF.

will work in a normal report but doesn not work in Web Dynpro.

I read about a possibility to implement printing using the printing functionality of ALV grid, but I do not have a table in my case.

Probably, somebody has ideas how it can be done in a simple way?

Kind regards,

Oleksandr