Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO SLD and Proxy configuraton

boopathics1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on Proxy configuration setup between S4HANA and SAP PO 7.5 single stack systems. Solman SLD is maintained as a central SLD in my landscape and all the applications are pointing to the central Solman SLD.

1. Currently the T-codes RZ70, SLDAPICUST and SLDCHECK in S4HANA systems are pointing into Central Solman SLD hostname and port. Now when I am trying to configure Proxy connection between S4HANA and SAP PO 7.5 single stack, the SXMB_ADM check is throwing the error "No access to system landscape at Present". I have checked this issue in SDN, but all the blogs are showing as to check the SLDAPICUST and SLDCHECK are pointing to PO SLD, but in my landscape all the applications are pointing to central solman SLD.
  2. Since RZ70 T code is pointing to central solman SLD in S4HANA, I am unable to create the relevant Technical system in PO SLD via RZ70. So I have created it manually, but database tab is in disable mode. All the blogs are suggesting that we need to create via RZ70. Kindly suggest, if we create it manullay what are the issues we would face with respect to proxy scenarios.

Kindly suggest on the above highlighted issues.

Thanks,

Boopathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Boopathi,

More details on the configuration options available to you in PI Troubleshooting Tips: Connecting SPROXY on backend R3 to PI ESR.

Where is the SLD that the PO is using? If it is using the local SLD (on PO system itself), then the backend proxy system should point to this. If PO is using a Central SLD on Solman, then point to this.

Regards
Mark

boopathics1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing the proxy configuration details.

PO ESR and ID are using the local SLD only. Basis did the bi-directional sync between PO SLD and central Solman SLD. Now, when we execute the RZ70 in S4HANA, the relevant Technical system is being created in central Solman SLD first (as S4HANA's SLDAPICUST and RZ70 T-codes are pointing into central Solman SLD), then reflecting the same in PO local SLD also.

Please confirm, the RFC destinations with connection type G should be point to PO local SLD right? but SLDAPICUST and SLDCHECK are pointing to central Solman SLD.

Thanks

Boopathi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor

Hi Boopathi,

Can you try adding the Solman system as your data supplier in the SLD? You can also try the SLD synch via the administration page. If the two options did not work, you can also export the contents of the Solman SLD and Import it in your PI system.

Regards,

Mark

boopathics1
Explorer

Hi Mark,

My basis team is working on the bidirectional sync option (PO SLD <--> Central Solman SLD). Will update you the results.

Thanks,

Boopathi

boopathics1
Explorer

Thanks Mark D, Mark S and Muniyappan for your valuable inputs.

My client changed the decision now to make PO SLD as a central SLD instead of Solman SLD and all other applications are pointing to PO SLD now.

Thanks,

Boopathi R

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Boopathi,

More details on the configuration options available to you in PI Troubleshooting Tips: Connecting SPROXY on backend R3 to PI ESR.

Where is the SLD that the PO is using? If it is using the local SLD (on PO system itself), then the backend proxy system should point to this. If PO is using a Central SLD on Solman, then point to this.

Regards
Mark

Muniyappan
Active Contributor

use POs host in oder to connect from ECC to POs ESR and adapter engine,

https://help.sap.com/viewer/6dbe2ddcde6a4087858c533f8032445b/7.5.9/en-US/3bdec6eaf3ac42fba8f92f2413e...

boopathics1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan,

We will try with the above mentioned SLD and Proxy configuration and update the results.

Meantime, can you please provide your inputs on synchronizing PO SLD with Central Solman SLD instead of pointing into central solman SLD?

Thanks,

Boopathi

Muniyappan
Active Contributor

for point 2

Where is it taking you when you click on the sld link of PO? is it opening in browser with PI host or Central SLD host(Solman). I guess it should be opening with PI host that is the reason why you dont get TS systems into your PI's SLD. You have to tell basis to make PO point to Central SLD.

Once it is done and when you try to open the sld link in the PO main page, it should take you to central.

boopathics1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan,

Thank your for your response.

Yes, you are right, when I click on PO sld link, it is opening with PO host. I will ask my basis to point it to central solman SLD. How about the sync option between PO SLD and Central Solman SLD?

If PO sld link is pointing to central Solman SLD, how the proxy configuration would be? what is the hostname and port (PO host or Solman host) we should provide in RFC destinations connection type G (SAP_PROXY_ESR and PO Channel) which we need to create in S4HANA.

Thanks,

Boopathi