cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pi sp patching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am doing patching for SAP Netweaver PI  7.4 system.For Abap stack i had done through spam and for java i am doing through SUM tool. In configuration phase  for Abap  stack i am getting error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had similar problems and applied the java stack using telnet - see if you haven't done so yet. ABAP patches can still be applied using SPAM / SAINT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your answers.Before abap patching i have taken backup.So, I restore backup and generated stack file for (abap+java)stack and done through SUM.

Regards,

Visu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

First of all please confirm in which phase you are facing issue, As per your first screenshot it seems required packages are not accessed by SUM. For that we can use two methods.

1. Use stack xml for only Java stack as you already updated ABAP.

2. Or else u can download all patches .SCA files and place at OS level in any FS and use same in SUM      by selecting manually defined directory. 

And please provide the Java error screen shot what you are facing. If possible paste .ECO log file.

Regards,

Shiva

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

1. Could you paste / attach the error full log detail?

2. In which version of SUM tool used? try to use the latest version

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using latest sum tool.

after continuing i am getting error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dont do anything under ABAP tab... select JAVA tab and see whether you can see current patch level as per your stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are using latest sum tool 1.0 sp 9.how can we disable abap stack in sum.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

You can follow the steps to perform the JAVA stack SP upgrade

1. Present process you can reset

2. In solution man create a MOPZ only for JAVA stack with same level SP

3. Download the STACK.XML file

4. Paste / replace the file where you are downloaded the Support package files

5. Start the SUM with new Stack file (only for JAVA) since you are already upgraded ABAP by using the SPAM

Or you can do the upgrade by using JSPM refer the SCN link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26069

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should have used SUM for patching both the components (ABAP/JAVA). Try to generate stack file only for JAVA components from solution manager and use this file in SUM.