Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound scheduler stuck in WAITING status and outbound queue blocked

Christian_ACN
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

since 2 monthes i'm in trouble with outbound queues of our ECC6 EHP8 test environment.
The outbound scheduler is stuck in waiting status and no "activate scheduler" action has effect to recover its green state.
The only action that seems to have any temporary effect is the queues reorganization (From SMQS menu Registration table -> Reorganize): this action deletes all the destinations in the STMS and the scheduler restore its "INACTIVE" green state immediatly.

I've also tried with unregistration and new registration procedure, but no effect came.

After having restored the scheduler status, the queues works for a variable time after that, they became locked again and no idoc or bdoc is processed anymore until new queue reorganization is performed.

I've red and applyed - where possible - the following sap notes:

• 1892765 - Known scenarios & limitations in tRFC qRFC - SM58 SMQ1 SMQ2 - the D case
  • 527481 - tRFC or qRFC calls are not processed
  • 2556837 - How to manually restart Q/T RFC scheduler SMQS/SMQR
  • 2521379 - SMQS is in status WAITING

And i have also read many sap blogs like:
https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAPConn/Outbound+Scheduler+%28SMQS%29+remains+in+status+WAITI...

but the problem still persists.

QRFC resources are OK!
The scheduler last update, changes every 2 minutes.

The IDOC are set to be processed immediatly.
The IDOC queued are in state Transaction Recorded.
All the RFC destinations, works fine
The IDOC manually processed, works fine.

I've also verified that when the outbound scheduler change its state from inactive to waiting, the SMQS point to the DEFAULT logon group, even if i've configured it to point to a custom default group with standard quotas.

I've also tried to delete and recreate the logon groups in RZ12, as the WAITING state of the scheduler locks the logon group to waiting state too.

Does anyone can help me with this issue?
DB: MSSQL 2014
SAP: ECC6 EHP8
ABA -> 750 pl 6
BASIS -> 750 pl 6
SAP_APPL -> 618 pl 5

Kind Regards!
Massimo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try checking on SM21 for the following for some WP being stop on regular basis (15 mins)

Something like Stop Workp. xx, PID xxxx

If so increase log level on SM51 and after same sm21 error recurrs check the WP trace for the following error:

abap/heaplimit

If that is there try increasing the limit.