Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create Appliance with AWS

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to create Appliance in CAL for AWS. I have created new accounts for both AWS and CAL... Getting same error as below every time.

Below are my roles in AWS

Server status is always like below

My Account is activated correctly

Please help what could be wrong.

Thanks-

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naeem_maqsud
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Abhishek,

The error is not related to CAL or your roles in AWS. You appear to have exceeded your AWS account quota for resources (vCPU in this case) and need to request an increase or delete some existing resources.

Cheers

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi naeem.maqsud

Thanks so much for looking to my request... may you guide how can I delete some existing resources... Its new account I have created and nothing is there.

Thanks-

Abhishek

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi naeem.maqsud

I terminated one Appliance and now I am seeing Warning "Undefined". Should I wait or it will be like in this status forever ?

Is there any step by step guide available for this configuration, please share...

Below status is same as before

Thanks-

Abhishek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tsvetinka_gaydazhieva
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear Customer,

Please follow the error message instructions and visit http://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/ec2-request in order to request an adjustment to your vCPUS limit.

Our FQA - „How to increase your AWS Service quotas?“ might be also helpful.

Please note that the number of used by you vCPUs has been calculated as an sum off all vCPUs of your SAP Cloud Appliance Library Instances and also of these, started directly via the Cloud provider Console.

Best regards,

Tsvetinka

naeem_maqsud
Advisor
Advisor

You need to give it some time to terminate. It should disappear completely from your Appliances list.

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oky... thanks much again.. will keep updated..

Thanks-

Abhishek

naeem_maqsud
Advisor
Advisor

The appliance you tried to create requires 36 cores (i.e. 36 vCPUs). So if your quota limit is 32 it will never succeed. You have to ask your cloud admin to increase your quota. Or choose a smaller appliance that uses less than 32 vCPUs such as "SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.51 SP02 on ASE" that needs only 6 vCPUs.

Your appliance:

Smaller appliance: