cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiprovider assign different InfoObject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to add to a Multiprovider a new InfoCube. In the MultiProvider I have 0PLANT, but in the new InfoCube we have the center in a different InfoObject Z.

I should add that InfoObject Z to the MultiProvider, but as this ZCENTER has the same values than 0PLANT, I would like to know if it's possible, in some way, to assign, in the MultiProvider, 0PLANT to ZCENTER.

Do you know if it's possible?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use the same info object 0PALNT in to new info cube.

in the new info cube click the navigational attr after check the same info object in MP.

are you loading same data to 2 info objects  like - 0PLANT and  ZCENTER  if yes i think it will check object lenght similar to 0PLANT.

instead using custome object make it navigational attr use the same info object in MP.

-Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

0PLANT and ZCENTER are not attributes of each other, I mean, not possible to do it as NAV.

It's nothing related to master data. Both are different infoObjects, but they are filled with same data, I mean, they have same values.

Regards

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The key for identification of characteristic assignments in MP is that they should have same technical name or Alias name.

In case it is not then you will not be able to club them together.If you are flexible with modeling level changes then i would suggest to add the infoobject with the same technical name in any one of the cube.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

What do you mean by "Alias name"?

Regards

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your two info objects holds same vales then you can use it any one of the info object only.

not required to use two of them in multi provider.

for your mutli providers  what is the source?

Cube and info object? - its deson't exist.

Cube and master data info object?

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alias name means--suppose you created a new infoobject with the zplant but while creating that object the reference characteristic used was 0PLANT.

So you will be able to club them together in MP if in one cube you have zplant and another 0plant because the alias name will be same for them,though the technical name differs.

Hope this helps in understanding the logic.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there's a confusion here.

Multiprovider reads different InfoCubes, only infocubes. I've added a new one, another Infocube. In the first InfoCubes I have 0PLANT, in the new one ZCENTER. They are completely different infoObjects, but they hold the same values and actually they are mapped to the same source.

No master data, no attribute, no navigational, nothing related.

They are independent infoObjects, there is no reference between them.

Why there are 2 infoObjects? I have no idea. But now it's not possible to change one of them from its infocube, as there are many dependencies in other reports.

I'm afraid it's not possible to map both of them to 0PLANT in Multicube, and I have to add ZCENTER as well 😞

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

at mutlirpovider level you want 0plant and zcenter as well?

if yes then you can do proper identification from cubes and design it.

your MP will have two info obejcts with same values.

Whats problem here? MP doesn't holds data. it just holds strcuture only

At reporting level based on needs you can use any one of the info object.

Thanks

oliver_uy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

if your custom zcenter uses 0plant as reference characteristics then it is possible.

just identify them in the multiprovider:

after selecting 2 infocubes and assign in the multipovider, insert either 0PLANT or ZCENTER infoobject in one of the dimensions. after right click on that infoobject and select Identify(assign) then select the infoobjects to be used (0plant and zcenter)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand the concern and let me be precise on it.

You have the plant in the report layout and you are deriving sales from this cube.

Now you want to add another cube which has zcenter object (values similar to plant) and you will derive another keyfigure from it lets say cost.

And the issue is in MP you are not able to map the two objects together as they do not have same technical name.Correct.

Regards,

AL

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214274
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

Its not possible.

Include both of them in Multiprovider and hide one in report.

Thanks,

Akanksha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help.

I've added the second InfoObject in the Multiprovider.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming as you have 0plant master data and info cube under your multi provider.

in such cases not possible to assign target to info object.

But you can do the identification like zcenter from 0plant and  zcenter from info cube.

if you don't have any common objects between cube and 0plant then MP is not possible to club them.

if my assumption was wrong please explain about issue with screen shots.

Thanks