Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell Conversion - Remodeling of Aggregation Levels

Thomas171994
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear,

for a Shell Conversion I made the precheck of the BW-Objects with transaction RSB4HCONV (Transfer Cockpit). The BW where i made the check is a BW 7.5 on Hana.

One message of the precheck regarding the doings "before Transfer" is about aggregation levels.

There is a check message that says that the aggregation level needs to be remodelled. The reason for this is that the aggregation level has an infocube as its basis (in which navigation attributes are used). The note on remodelling https://me.sap.com/notes/2443001/E says that a multiprovider/composite provider must be built on the Infocube and the aggregation level must be built on this (before conversion). If a multiprovider/composite provider is built on the infocube and new aggregation levels are copied from the old ones, the new aggregation levels get new technical names.

Has anyone already had experience of how best to carry out this remodelling of aggregation levels? Because if there are new aggregation levels with new technical names, the queries based on the old aggregation levels will no longer work. This will also cause problems in the SAC, right?

Thanks,

Thomas

#BW4 Conversion, #Shell Conversion, #BW4HANA, #Aggregation Level

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)