0 Kudos

Insallation of Netweaver 2004s SR1

Installation step : iSeries installation

Error message has appeared on step 3 of this installation :

PHASE 2007-07-11 15:58:48

Pre iSeries Installation Steps

INFO 2007-07-11 16:00:42

The module COS4SystemTMKSVR has not been registered

I am back a bit quicker than expected. If anyone can assist with the above it would be greatly appreciate.

Thank-you

Anette

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the error I receive when I do the installation with ISERPACK8

SAPinst is getting started.

Please be patient ...

starting gui server process:

sapinstport: 21200

guiport : 21212

guistart : true

command : "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09/bin\javaw.exe" -cp "C:/DOCUME1/SAPINST/LOCALS1/Temp/sapinst_exe.1756.1184240556\jar\instgui.jar;C:/DOCUME1/SAPINST/LOCALS1/Temp/sapinst_exe.1756.1184240556\jar\inqmyxml.jar" -Xmx256M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200 guistart=true

103 controller.xmlToObject.XmlFileIsNotAControlXml Z:\DVDs\51032143_DLISERPACK8\Installation_Master_6.20_6.40_09_06\IM_OS400_PPC64\SAPINST\OS400\AS400\product.catalog, 78

103 controller.xmlToObject.XmlFileIsNotAControlXml Z:\DVDs\51032143_DLISERPACK8\Installation_Master_6.20_6.40_09_06\IM_OS400_PPC64\SAPINST\OS400\AS400\product.catalog, 78

Exit status of child: 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anette,

Also Do this before you start the fresh install of TMKSVR.

Delete/Clear the contents of "C:\Documents and Settings\sapinst\Local Settings\Temp" on your local PC. You may have to restart your PC as some of the objects may be locked on your PC...

In your last email, u mentioned clearing everything on the iSeries but not on your local PC.

This should work.

I remember having this issue sometime now. This fixed it for me...

Thanks

Abhi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

blush

SAP has kindly pointed out that I have the incorrect software. No excuses - I should have read the whole delivery note instead of just checking the media.

Apologies for wasting your time.

Anette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Cleaned out my PC, iSeries and then checked NETSTAT - and booted the PC I am working on.

Then ran TMKSVR under QSECOFR

TMKSVR00 QSYS SBS .0 DEQW

DISPATCH QSECOFR BCH .0 PGM-TMKSVR145 SELW

but still the same problem with the ISERPACK8 updated one.

Thank-you VERY much for your input - am now waiting on SAP

Going to leave this thread open for the moment - maybe someone else has some input

Anette

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of OS are you running on your PC??

I guess it has to be a XP Pro/windows 2000 or something like that...

Also do you think, it could be a java issue??

try installing j2sdk1.4.2_11 or similar instead of the j2sdk1.5....series..?? I mean a j2sdk1.4..series...on your PC and then try with that??

I mean install this version from Suns website and then set the path variables.

That may/can be a issue.

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhi,

I appreciate the advice. I have logged a call at SAP already for this as I am on a very tight deadline to deliver the system.

I will do the install with the QSECOFR and see if that helps - one never knows.

Will check all your suggestions and let you know.

Anette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Yes I did - but it crashed on a product catalogue error. I then spoke to my SAP consultant and he suggested I run it without ISERPACK8 - which is when I experienced this error. The installation with ISERPACK8 occurs just after the initiation of the SAPinst.exe. I followed the instructions in 707805 and 927734.

I removed all the TMK* related information from the /tmp, /usr and from the iSeries before applying ISERPACK8 as per the chapter on removing SAPinst in the Installation master and the PDF document under TMKSVR directory on the CD.

I cleaned the system before initiating the install without ISERPACK8 as well.

There is no trans directory at this time (first install on this server) - the only sap directory is the ones under tmp and then /usr/sap/sapinst

Yes TMKSVR00 but with profile SAPINST created as per the installation document. The profiles normally work as I have done it this way with all my previous installations.

What is the possibility that my operating system is too high? I am running V5R4 and the PTFs as per II14126 from 8 June 2007. The reason why I am asking is that there is a directory that it is copying R3OPTC1.SAR of the kernel CD in the log and it looks like this :

/DVDs/KERNEL/D51030864/K01/OS400/AS400/V5R2/R3OPTC1.SAR - it is doing this just before the actual error, as above, is displayed.

Is there a maximum operating system level for installations?

Anette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anette,

The possibility that your OS is "too high" and the error is happening because of it is not probably possible, as I am sure all these components are downwards compatible....so a V5R2 would run on a V5R4. That is probably not your issue.

The only thing I can think of now would be to try running the TMKSVR installation under the QSECOFR profile, i.e. at the time of the first install of TMKSVR, install it as QSECOFR. Sometimes, it just works.

So you would have a subsystem like as shown:

TMKSVR00 QSYS SBS .0 DEQW

DISPATCH QSECOFR BCH .0 PGM-TMKSVR145 SELW

Also before doing the above , make sure that there are no hung TCP/IP connections using NETSTAT OPTION(*CNN) from your PC on to the AS400..

If that thing doesn't work, then open up a message with SAP

let me know.

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anette,

Did you patch your installation CD with ISERPACK8.SAR as per Note 707805 .

Once you patch the CD, you again have to reinstall the TMKSVR subsystem??

Also, I would check if the trans directory is properly accessible by this system, as I have seen this error with trans not being accessible...

Also, do u see the TMKSVR susbsystem running on the iSeries with the DISPATCH job up running under QSECOFR?/

Let me know.

Thanks

Abhi