cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Web Recorder Videos

parmsethi
Explorer
0 Kudos

One of my Superusers created some videos using Web Recorder in Enable Now Manager and used them for delivering Info sessions. She has the appropriate browser extension for doing this task. They worked fine for some time and then 3 of them stopped working for some reason and now this is what shows up in Manager for the Groups that used to contain those videos (below screenshot). She confirmed that she did not delete or move the videos. The first video under the group What is Fiori called Fiori Overview was also created using Web Recorder and it is still working normally.

parmsethi_0-1724946464231.png

The way I understand the icon appearing next to the groups having worked in Producer is that it usually appears when content objects are not downloaded from server and synchronizing would resolve the issue. But since these objects are already in the Manager (server), I do not understand the root cause and they were working at one point.

I have the Author's link for those videos since the Superuser inserted them in her presentation and I noted that the UID has a much longer string than what we have in Producer (16 characters) for a project. Here is an example - (project!PR_A27F76BDF81148699D324AC4A2247C49). When she clicks on the link within the presentation to launch the video below is error message that she is getting -

parmsethi_1-1724947194499.png

I tried to troubleshoot in Manager and could not find the videos in Unsorted or Trash and there is no trace of them. Could this have happened due to the new cloud version that occurred right around the time this issue was reported to me?

SAP Enable Now 

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Parmsethi,

It is very likely that the content you are missing is in the Manager Trash.  Can you please do the following:

1. Open Manager and then click > beside the Trash object to display the content in the Trash
2. Click on the folder object, if it's in the Trash, for one of the missing objects
3. Click the Restore button in the top, right corner.  This is likely to move the folder, and the corresponding video, into the Unsorted folder
4. If the content is in the Unsorted folder, start editing the AR Info Sessions folder in Manager
5. Refresh the folder and I think the content will now be back in place beneath the AR Info Sessions folder
6. Finish editing

Hopefully that will help you to get your content back.

Regards
Shane

parmsethi
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for your response Shane. Upon receiving your post, I once again thoroughly checked the Unsorted and Trash folder but could not find the Groups or the Video files. Without finding any other logical explanation, it appears to me as if the upgrade just wiped out these files without a trace.