Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Stuck in Processing then moved to Abandoned

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an interface which will be processing a big data coming from XI (Sproxy) from SAP. The size could be vary from 500mb to 1Gb

The problem is that, when the file is almost 1Gb (960mb), the message will be stuck in Processing status then move to Abandon status after some time. This is the Error Detail message when the status changed to Abandon:

Message processing was abandoned because of inactivity timeout of 24 hours

I suspect this is due to memory issue in the CPI tenant? How to check how much resource my tenant has in CPI?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

alex_bundschuh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

resources on a Cloud Integration tenant are limited, so when handling large file sizes, you may need to apply appropriate measures and design your integration flows accordingly.

Check out the integration flow design guidelines for more details about the resource limitations and best practices about how to optimize the message processing to avoid running into performance issues.

See https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_INTEGRATION_SUITE/51ab953548be4459bfe8539ecaeee98d/f8cf97498d2549daab6...

It provides options for optimizing performance, handling large messages sizes, optimize memory footprint, etc. In you case for instance I'm not sure if splitting would help, depending where your message got stuck, is it right at the integration flow inbound or is it that further processing blows up the message size even further. 1GB is quite high, so I wonder if you can't reduce the size already at sender side. Streaming would be an option as well, since you use proxy, the XI adapter actually supports streaming but then the rest of your integration flows need to support streaming as well, you can check this out at https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_INTEGRATION_SUITE/51ab953548be4459bfe8539ecaeee98d/396941a8c12441ab999...

Alex

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.... and CPI is not suitable for this kind of integrations. You better do SFTP!

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suwandi,

Please raise a ticket to LOD-HCI-PI-OPS and looks very much like platform related issue. Also in your iflow make sure to properly handle database related connections ( like JMS, Datastore, Logging payload via script ).

Regards,

Sriprasad Shivaram Bhat