Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT configuration error- error when opening db connection

deepak_chodha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently facing an issue with configuration of SLT server where while making a configuration in ltr, I am getting an error as:

When you try to save the configuration,I get the above error. When I check my RFC connection- test is passing. When I check my DB is up and running and telnet to its port is also happening. I am using SYSTEM db user.

Can anybody tell me where might be an issue, or if I am missing something. I am currently on DIMIS2011_SP4

HAPPY HANA

Deepak Chodha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which user do you use for the RFC? RFC test can be positive despite you do not have the required roles for the user. You can double check with the security guide. There you find the relevant roles the user need for RFC. Very often the required roles are also given to the RFC user but were not generated within the source. Pls double-check.

Best,

Tobias

deepak_chodha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

This issue is temporary. I have faced this issue 3rd time.:) And everytime after the restart of the HANA db the things starts working fine.

I posted this on community to check how would I be able to test if everything is fine from HANA side or not? db connection test from DBCon also works fine for me.

Can you comment.

HAPPY HANA

Deepak Chodha.

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so it seams that this is not a SLT related issue - more HANA, right?

There was a bug with revision 58 that there was an issue with secondary DB cons, when the schema name was less than 6 characters. This was fixed with rev 60.

Best,

Tobias