Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load data to datalake SAP HANA CLOUD

S0022329864
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi community.

I am exploring sap hana cloud the data lake part. and what i want to know is,

is it possible to load data from csv file to table created in datalake in SYSRDL # CG schema?

I have seen tutorials on how to load data in datalake but from amazon s3 or azure, but it is not what I need at the moment.

best regard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, you can. Quite easily so long as you have cloud storage with AWS (s3) or Azure (ADLS/ADLS2). If your file is not in AWS or Azure, then you will need to import the data to HANA then copy it into the data lake.

What is it that you need at the moment? How do you want to load the data?

To make it work with cloud storage, you need is an AWS or Azure storage location. I think they both offer free, small areas, for you to test.

Once you have that, you can generate a secure key (s3) or connection string (ADLS) and use that as part of the LOAD TABLE statement.

I think most of the data lake manuals have details on how to do this by using the REMOTE_EXECUTE HANA function and passing it the LOAD TABLE syntax.

AWS: Loading Data from the Amazon S3 Bucket

Azure: Loading Data from Azure Blob Storage

If you go to the "Batch Load..." sub section it has full examples, too.

Lastly, check out the SAP Roadmap. We are adding a "SQL on File" and other cloud storage related features in the Q1 release at the end of March.

Data Lake: Data Lake Roadmap

Files: File Related Items

S0022329864
Explorer
0 Kudos

thank you for your response,

the file is not in aws or azure, I already have data imported into HANA CLOUD from an excel file, how can I copy this data to datalake ? you have some example.

best regard.

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Eisson, check your other question. I think I answered it there.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Hi Eisson,

If you have already created a table in HANA Cloud and loaded the data into that table from file then you can directly load the data using insert statement. First, create a virtual table on top of datalake table and then use that virtual table to perform any actions for example in your case is insert. it will look something like this "insert into <virtual_table> (select * from <hana_cloud_table>)"