Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Report App based on CDS View

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I recently created a Fiori App based on the ABAP CDS View Odata service. Being a new, I have some of the following question for better understanding of the development framework -

1. I noticed that during this App creation, View Folder and View files are not created. Where can I check, the view and In case, I want to make changes to any of the screen elements, how do I manage those??

2. After creation of the App, if I make any changes to underlying CDS (addition of new fields, associations), how do I synch the CDS changes in the existing FIORI application? Do I need to recreate the App??

3. How do I migrate the WebIDE developments to Eclipse environment for Future support / maintenance of the App? Here I don't know, if I download the all the folders and file from WebIDE and upload the same in Eclipse will work or not. ??

Thanks a lot for help in advance !!

- Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sap developed the template behind the scene.

every time you open your app, the app screen is generated on the fly based on the template and the annotation( you defined in your cds)

in normal ui5 app, view(you defined)+model data----->your screen

in fiori elements

template+annotation--->view(generated at runtime), then view+ model data---->your final screen

if you want to manipulate the view, you have to work on annotation or use the extension provided by fiori elements framework

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Thanks for explaining. So in a nutshell, when we use SAP provided templates, we have a restricted boundries for development and any deviation are supported only through the Extensions using fiori elements. These extensions also must be within some boundries I believe.

About my third question, we face issues in migrating the WebIDE development to Eclipse IDE. Just by Import / Export doesn't work very smooth and face problems which sometime, not resolvable as I am still a beginner. Are these two not fully compatible??

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.no boundary

2.facing problem, because you don't know how it works

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. You probably must have generated the app using the list report template. It uses the annotations and metadata of the odata service to render the UI, which is done by the UI5 APIs related to the list report. In the webide, you can right click on the created template project and create extensions. These are limited.

Google and search for blogs for more information.

2. As I mentioned in the point 1, the app is based on the metadata and annotations. Everytime you open the fiori app, request will be sent to the backend to fetch that annotations and metadata and ofcourse there will be buffering. So we don't need to recreate the app.

3. It's a normal ui5 app and you can use git or manually export the project and import it in Eclipse.. but in Eclipse you need to do everything manually(extensions, templates etc..,) so it's better using the webide, which is the recommended one.

Br,

Mahesh