cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in taking backup of SYSTEM DATABASE via Hana Studio

0 Kudos

Dear Concern,

i am taking system db backup from SAP HANA studio. when i execute to start backup the job console is get hang (image is attached.but in the backup logs it shows backup is successfully taken and also check the physical file. image is attached.

i am confuse why this BACKUP JOB CONSOLE is get hang everytime in hana studio

i also taking backup of Tenant DB from same studio ist not get hanged and also show the progress bar and completion message

also it generates multiple log files in ( /HANA/SHARED) my partition has get full everyday. please suggest what can i do for this. and what is the difference between /hana/shared/SID/HDB10/backup/logs and /hana/logs. same as with /hana/data and /hana/shared/SID/HDB10/backup/data ?

0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

has the issue been resolved? If yes, what was the solution?
I´m also facing this issue - Backup was successful, but progress bar in HANA studio shows only window with "waiting for status of backup"...

Would be great if you could provide me some info about that.

Regards,
Manuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason on our DBs is described in: 2895691 - HANA Studio does not show Backup/ Restore Progress

The HANA parameter is causing max_trace_file_size. The HANA studio cannot handle the backup log rotation which was introduced with HANA 2.0 SPS4

BR, Manuel

HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would recommend to make this additional traces and open a support incident a the side of the SAP HANA Product support. They can analyze the trace files you create in detail.