cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to fill Universe Query Prompts via action script?

bob_zenker3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a query that has a beginning and ending date range that I've setup with prompts.  I would like to fill these prompts with action script based on a cleaner popup window that I will present to the user.  Is this possible?  I've checked to see if prompts get mapped as global variables automatically but they don't seem to.

Maybe there is a better way to do this but it seems to me that setFilter only handles = and inlist operations not ranges or inequalities so I was trying to fill the prompt which does support those operations.

Thanks,

Bob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Bob,

that works out of the box me. UNX Query Specification:

When you use setVariableValue you will see the list of prompts from the query specification:

APPLICATION.setVariableValue("psYearFrom", DROPDOWN_1.getSelectedValue());

APPLICATION.setVariableValue("psYearTo", DROPDOWN_2.getSelectedValue());

Application unsing dropdowns filling prompts from the UNX Query Specification:

Best regards,

Victor

bob_zenker3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I see it now...

I think it was the PS in front of the variable names, I was typing a few letters of the prompt and not seeing anything.  Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Just one addition, you can use setFilterExt in place of setFilter if you would like to use inequalities or range selections.

Regards,

JaakkoK
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi,

this looks promising thread but what is done after variable set i.e. what to use to refresh the query with new prompt values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.