cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Search Engine Service with SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

We are in the process of researching enhancements for search features available in SAP R/3 4.7.

One of the options is the SAP NetWeaver Application Server Enterprise Search's Search Engine Service feature with which I believe any SAP application (including SAP R/3) can perform fuzzy search for their business objects for instance Customer master data.

I have seen an article on SDN which talks about enabling the same for mySAP ERP 2005. Can someone tell me if the same is advisable for SAP R/3.

Here's the link to the article for reference.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a751a1ec-0a01-0010-f0ba-89e...

Any pointers on this would be appreciated. In addition to these pointers to any other options available within SAP R/3 to enable fuzzy search for customer and it's attributes (address etc.) would be useful. Please note we are not looking at using third party licensed products for the same yet.

Thanks,

-Priyapravas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyapravas,

The Search Engine Services are available for mySAP ERP 2005. We're currently working on a similar functionality for R/3 which will be available together with the SAP Enterprise Search Appliance. We start piloting this end of this year. General availability will be in 2007.

Regards,

Kai-Uwe Reimers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyapravas,

With the SAP NW Enterprise Search 1.0 we are supporting (out of the box) search for a bunch of Business objects like Customer, Vendor etc.. with the help of SES. SES is a part of the NW2004s and ERP 2005. For the earlier R/3 versions above 4.6 we are providing the search functionality on Business Objets by leveraging the BI extractor mechanism and TREX. Also to a large extent existing BAPI can be leveraged for searching the backend.

So as you see no matter what SAP backend you have in place the Enterprise search has or will soon have a solution for you and you dont have to even look at a 3rd party licenced product.

Regards

Uddhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give me the detailed solution to this? We have the same requirement.

Thanks,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any luck? Am looking for similar scenario...