Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Sharepoint online with Datasphere

tom_darsy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement to load sharepoint online data into Datasphere. Please can you let me know how can this be achieved.

Thanks

korayyersel_q
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

yes it is possible and surprisingly quite straight forward. But to my knowledge it is only working for files (csv, excel) placed in a SharePoint document library. As far as I see it is not possible to read data from a Sharepoint List. This is my setup:

1. Create a SAP Integration Suite instance on BTP. Activate SAP Open Connectors.
  2. Create a Sharepoint site and place some csv documents under "Documents" (btw in my case it was a Microsoft 365 SharePoint)
  3. Create a connection from Open Connector to Sharepoint (https://help.openconnectors.ext.hana.ondemand.com/home/sharepoint-api-provider-setup)
  4. Create a connection between SAP Datashpere and SAP Open Connector
  5. Now you can browse through Sharepoint files and import data from csv, excel files

But as you can see it is listing "Forms" and "Documents". I doesn't list SharePoint Lists. At first I thought that it is a permission issue. But then I could access Sharepoint List in SAP Open Connectors directly using "/sites/lists-by-title/{title}/items" path. I assume that the Datasphere navigation doesn't support Lists.

Best Regards,

Koray

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

EmanuelGraves
Explorer
0 Kudos

You'll primarily need to use the SharePoint Online connector from Datasphere's interface. First, make sure you have the necessary permissions on both SharePoint Online and Datasphere. Then, in Datasphere, select the SharePoint Online connector, provide your SharePoint site's URL, and authenticate your access. Once connected, you can select the specific data or documents you wish to import into Datasphere. Alternatively, you can also use an Office 365 Backup so that your SharePoint data is not only backed up securely but also intelligently managed. You can read about it at https://loopbackup.com/cloud-to-cloud-backup-for-microsoft-office-365/. It should make the data more accessible and easier to import into almost any system.

klorn_pallier
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same question about lists data. I couldn't get the connector to work with lists in Datasphere.

korayyersel_q
Participant
0 Kudos
I have opened an incident about this. SAP confirmed: SharePoint lists are not supported.
thorebedey
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

inside DSP, you can integrate your SAP Open Connectors account to query data from a variety of sources, including Sharepoint or oneDrive.
See the Open Connectors Catalog here

BR,

Thore

tom_darsy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thore

In the Sharepoint API documentation, there is nothing mentioned about Get Lists data. Is there any other tool I can use for integration and load data into Datasphere?

Thanks