Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import stucks for heterogeneous system copy with sockets

cyanezde
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello.

We are having issues with Heterogeneous System copy from IBM i to IBM i (because backup, transportation of the tape and a restore takes too much time). We use sockets on port 1800. The ports from 1702 to 2000 are not used and we have no port restrictions.

The SWPM on the source told use, that it could not decluster: „Declustering using sockets must be performed on the import side. … export the environment variable SUPPORT_DECLUSTERING=true before you start the import …“
On the target system:
ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(SUPPORT_DECLUSTERING) VALUE(true)
We can see the environment variable SUPPORT_DECLUSTERING=true when we CALL PGM(QP2TERM) and use printenv. After setting the variable: CALL PGM(QP2TERM) PARM('./sapinst')

Since one day the import stucks. There are no error messages in the logs on the source or target system. It seems that the import_monitor and R3load are waiting for each other.

Source System X05, ERP 6.0, EHP8 on NetWeaver 7.5
SAP_APPL 618 SP18, SAP_BASIS 7.50 SP25
Server XXXSAP01
Export SWPM 1.0 SP37 PL4
Execute Service at 91%
Export Monitor jobs: running 0, waiting 336, completed 1, failed 0, total 337.

Target System X02
Server XXXSAP05
Import SWPM 1.0 SP37 PL4, Since one day:
Execute Service at 50%
Import Monitor jobs: running 1, waiting 413, completed 1, failed 0, total 415.

cyanezde
Explorer
0 Kudos

These are the only warnings... but no error logs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RSchmerbauch
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Just to check, when you did the ADDENVVAR, did you set it for LEVEL(*SYS)? The default is *JOB so you would see it in qp2term in that same job, but you might need *SYS to make sure any job SAP's SWPM might start would have that envvar setting.

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest opening a ticket in component BC-INS-AS4 so one of the IBM i SWPM experts can take a look.

cyanezde
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer, the problem was with the order of execution, the import should be started first and then the export and it is running, moving the packages succesfully.

usernamemex
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

maybe you could do an export of the Source into the filesystem then transfer the files via ftp to the Target system and start the System Copy.

Regards Simon

cyanezde
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your feedback, we wanted to go for the parallel export/import in order to reduce the downtime (later) for the production system. If we do a non/parallel it will take a lot of time.