cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM iSeries DB2/400 to x86 Linux Sybase?

0 Kudos

Good day, folks!

I have to perform an heterogeneous system copy from an ERP system (ERP 6.0 EhP8) that is running on a IBM Power9 iSeries 7.2 and DB2/400, to a more flexible platform (you can say, RHEL/SLES and Sybase 16.xx) prior to a Cloud migration on the near future.

I've performed several heterogeneous system copy with different flavors before (from windows to Unix/Linux and vice versa, from anydb to hana or to anydb) , but no with iSeries and DB2/400.

Question here is: Has anyone here performed that system copy? It would be as straightforward as use the export/import methodology (SWPM)? Can it be performed using DMO of SUM with target DB Sybase without upgrade? what kind of issues may I face with this procedure?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello, could you please tell me if you have finished or successfully managed the transfer from OS/400 to Linux?

S_Sriram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David

You have to perform a SAP system copy from the existing source system on OS/400-DB2 to the target system by exporting the source and target import using the SAP SWPM tool. you have to perform SAP standard method System copy, Kindly refer to the SAP System Copy Guide.

we have migrated the existing SAP ERP (EHP6 of SAP ERP6) system on OS/400-DB2(OS version- V7R3) to Windows server 2016 with MS SQL 2016, it reduced the overall diskspace resources 60 %.

Regards

SS

RSchmerbauch
Participant
0 Kudos

First, you should know that you can take that SAP environment running on IBM i directly to one of several cloud platforms without having to do a heterogeneous system copy first. Because of IBM i subsystems and Db2 for IBM i, it is quite flexible and requires less administration than on windows/linux, whether on-prem or in a cloud.

If you aren't flexible and must get to a platform you know first, SAP SWPM and DMO are available to use just like on all the other SAP OS and DBs. As with the others, it's a good idea to read the guide and the related SAP notes before starting.