cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need inputs on WebMethods “JDBC Notification” alternative in BTP Cloud Integration.

Naveen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need replacement of Web Methods (Middleware) “JDBC Notification” in CPI. As we do not have JDBC Sender Adapter in SAP CPI. How we can capture the Real time DB changes. If There is data record inserted in Oracle DB CPI will get to know and that inserted records will be sent to SAP. Your Suggestions would help me to close this. I have also written this in common Integration teams chat.

Web methods currently working like below.

As part of webMethods integration with Databases, webmethods uses JDBC notifications to fetch real time DB changes.

These notifications monitor the Database for any real time update/insert/delete and pick up the corresponding records which are sent over to Web Methods for processing. These notifications are based on event and reaction mechanism.

What I could think to handle this. But each option has dependency and Current BTPEA model to be considered to avoid the unnecessary consumption of resources. Please suggest any alternative or any option to handle?

1. Start the timer, which will run every 1 second, and send the records, but again, it will consume good resources from CPI. and duplicate records will also go. We can find out a way on the SAP ABAP side that it will not update duplicate records. But timers are a concern, and ABAP logic must be checked. And a major concern is that it will increase the volume of data every time.
  2. Using the job scheduler service of BTP, but again, there is dependency on the job scheduler service as well as duplicate records. And a major concern is that it will increase the volume of data every time.
  3. Oracle Advanced Queuing and DCL capabilities of the database, but again, it must be confirmed by the Oracle team.
  4. Another option is to ask Oracle to push the successfully updated data to CPI. We will give an end point.
  5. SAP CPI Datastore we can use, but again, first we must get the latest inserted records from Oracle DB, as this will also consume resources for CPI.
  6. Another Option write a select query in CPI on top of DB Table, and we must keep identifying the last updated timestamp. but again, Job must be scheduled in milliseconds?
  7. Last option – We can suggest updating data in SAP at particular time, here we can write the Query based on 12 Hours Timestamp or Schedule in 12 hours it will pick up the data and post to SAP or apply the Timer. But I don think so customer would agree for this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)