cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read Attribute of DATE Dimension in Advanced Formulas?

kvsreekar
Participant

I have a User Managed Date (Time) Dimension with an Attribute called "Working Days". See screenshot below.

In my advanced formula in my Time month's loop, I would like to use the respective month's working days value in my formula. However I'm unable to do it. Please see screenshots below.

I also tried the ATTRIBUTE() function but the Date dimension is not available in the list. See screenshot below.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

N1kh1l
Active Contributor

Sreekar,

User defined Time dimension has certain restrictions as of now. You can check them below.

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_ANALYTICS_CLOUD/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/eb47c4afb98d441e9e697...

Regards

Nikhil

kvsreekar
Participant

Thanks for the response. That's very disappointing.

We cannot create custom properties on 'System Managed' Date dimension.

But if we use 'User Managed' Date dimension and create custom properties, you cannot use them.

SAC Planning overall is just a disappointing tool.

Compared to BPC it's way backward in every aspect, everything is bloody hard to implement .. if we can do anything at all.

kvsreekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Sloppy solution, but I tried using "IF" statement to get around this. Which means I will have to manually update the code once every year.
If anyone has better/cleaner idea that I'm not aware of, like a magical function, please do share.