cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to merge same tiles on ABAP FLP coming from different catalogs?

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have several fiori catalogs containing same tiles resp. applications assigned to same user, so the tiles are rendered double in the app finder. On SAP EP I have the option to use merge id's resp use "remove double tiles" option on the Portal Fiori framework page, which works simple and effective. How can I do the same on ABAP?

I have seen this blog https://blogs.sap.com/2016/02/29/sap-fiori-launchpad-control-visibility-of-tiles-by-separation-of-ti... written by carola.steinmaier , but this approach doesnt correlates with permissions concept of the customer and we dont want to go with it. Thank you,

cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Sreehari,

thank you for your support.

Standard application you are talking about ?

yes, but this doesnt matters: this question is independent from kind of applications you wanna place

How I handle this scenario -
One tile in one catalog . And the groups have corresponding applications added .

bad idea imho in view of permissions provisioning and maintenace, even worse than the approach propagated by SAP

kind regards

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sentence “ Several Fiori catalogues with same tile” is confusing me . Standard application you are talking about ?

I think ( just a thought ), to assign applications properly to the users , you created multiple combinations of tiles in different catalogues. And yes of course, there is a chance of having several caralogues having same tiles .

How I handle this scenario -

One tile in one catalog . And the groups have corresponding applications added .

Also , for each app , I create a role in pfcg , adding the catalog and the group .

If a user needs access to 3 applications , I assign 3 roles to the user . Which assigns , 3 catalogs , and its groups to the user . No duplication of tiles , no confusions !!!

SH