cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine the username via scripting Screen Peronas S4HANA Cloud?

smarchesini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

I have an issue with getting the User ID in S/4HANA Cloud using Screen Personas.

I'm attempting to retrieve the user ID through scripting in a WebGUI standard app customized by Screen Personas.

However, the session.info.user command is returning: <not available>.

Can someone please assist me? Is there a possible API that could be used?

Thank you,
Sebastiano

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello c9f8de6ef0704cac8b4246c3c6e79ac1.

how are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility" for this question, as SAP Screen Personas usage is related to Extensibility.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

katrin_polloczek
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastiano,

If you are used to the on premise behavior of SAP Screen Personas, things are slightly different in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.

A key statement up front: The SAP Screen Personas development team that also delivered Adapt UI for classic applications with Screen Personas as part of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition did not deliberately restrict functionality for scripting and what can be achieved with scripting in that case.

However, cloud systems run in a different environment and have different processes in place to help safeguard our customer’s use. That also includes the user management. A great explanation about the differences between SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition and SAP on premise products is here: User Management in a Nutshell for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition | SAP Blogs and explains backgrounds to understand the different approach to user information. The basic idea is that technical users are used in the system that are then referenced to real users with identifiable credentials.

Therefore it is not a SAP Screen Personas specific issue but access to user information within SAP S/4HANA Cloud in general.

Best regards,
SAP Screen Personas Development Team

Answers (0)