cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Closing WDV will carry forward next year after configuring Indian IT depreciation area?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have configured all the steps which related to IT depreciation area India and tested successfully for the current year (2016), Depreciation calculated by system correctly, i run the depreciation through T.code J1IDEPCALPOST for Period 12 , 2016,

Closed FY 2015 and opened 2017 period for Asset in sap but when do update run (J1INBLKTRNS) for Period 01,2017, system is not carry forwarding Closing WDV of 2016 to 2017.

I configured all the steps as per sap note 738919, but still i feel some thing missed,

Can any once tell me how these IT Depreciation will be carry forwarded to next year as Opeining WDV?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Muralitharan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The system is designed like this, update all the blocks using J1INBLKTRNS till period 12 and run J1IDEPCALPOST for period 12 without any blocks on the selection screen, choose 'Update closing WDV' (this option will be enabled only in period 12). Now, execute report J1iDEPCALPOST, closing WDV for year 2016 is calculated and opening WDV for year 2017 is computed by the report and updated in table IDIN_FIAA_WD_FY.
Maintaining opening WDV is one-time activity for blocks and system updates for subsequent years. If you closed 2015, 2016's opening WDV will be updated and if you close 2016, 2017's Opening wdv will be updated.

Hope this helps.

If you are looking for additional amount carry forward, check below SAP Notes,
Check the below notes

2330565- J1IDEPCALPOST: Carry forward amount of additional depreciation amount is not reflected correctly in the output
2273563 - India: Carry forward amount not considered in next year
2015714 - India IT Depreciation: Legal change to carrry forward remaining additional depreciation amount for Acquisitions less than 180 da

Best Regards,
Muralitharan Thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you got answer If yes please share ....

Muralitharan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check my answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Closing WDV is already updated and displayed in this above mentioned transaction code, but when execute update run for the next year period 01 it is not updating the Opening WDV.

Please suggest me , how this balance will update for the next year as opening WDV.

Thanks in advance for all your help and support

Regards

Karthik

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the closing of the previpus year is not updated via report J1IDEPCALPOST.
You can check IDIN_FIAA_WD_FY table for opening WDV for years.

Best regards

Bernhard