cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA R integration with authentication for _SYS_BIC/_SYS_REPO?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have successfully set up the HANA R integration for my user and am now able to authenticate via encrypted password (cf. Set Up Rserve Authentication - SAP Help Portal). I.e., running my RLANG procedure via CALL, or even a table function calling it from within via SELECT works fine.

However, SELECT on a calculation view calling the table function calling the RLANG procedure fails with the error message "Authentication with Rserve failed". While my RLANG procedure and table function were both created in my user's schema, the view is in "_SYS_BIC".

How to set up authentication with password (or even ssl/tls) for _SYS_BIC or possibly _SYS_REPO? ALTER USER is not allowed for internal users as far as I know.

Thanks
Marcus

ChristophMorgen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Markus, have you tried to creating the table function with definer rights (SQL SECURITY DEFINER)? Best regards, Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

the table function was actually set up wit hSQL SECURITY INVOKER. I changed it to DEFINER as you suggested. Also the calculation view on top has "Run with Definer's Rights" active.

Now, I cannot even select from the table function. Changing it back to INVOKER, it works again. Setting the calculation view up to run eith invoker's rights doesn't work either.

I will investigate if authentication with SSL/TLS works instead.

Regards,
Marcus