Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full load IP & Delta load DTP (BI 7.3)

saravanan_a
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Data flow  of my scenario is source to cube (transactional data).

IP --> full load

Corresponding DTP --> delta load

Data source : 0CO_OM_WBS_7 (WBS Elements: Commitment Line Items)

Here DTP load is functioning as full load & not as delta. So data getting accumulated in the cube after each run, thus resulting in data inconsistency.

I would like to know why DTP delta functionality is not working? Or did I miss something here? Please clarify.

View Entire Topic
saravanan_a
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks All for clarification..

Can we use delta IP & full load DTP in any scenario? Is this possible/recommended?

I want to confirm from you guys..

Regards,

Saravanan.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Full DTP will combine all the PSA request into one single request every time.

Suppose your PSA is having 5 requests out of that 4 are already loaded and 5th request needs to be updated then if you run DTP in full mode it will combine all the 5 requests into one request and load to the target.

In case of delta DTP it will only take the request which needs to be updated so in the above scenario it will only load the the 5th request.

If your target is dso and all the keyfigures are in overwrite mode then full DTP will not create a problem,but in case of cube it will keep adding the same so it is not recommendable.

I would advice you to give a try on this on your own system for better understanding and you will register that forever.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

AL

saravanan_a
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anshu.. I will try in system as suggested.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When your data source supporting delta(info pack delta) functionality why don't you go with Delta DTP.

Delta info pack --> Delta DTP SAP Standard

Delta info pack-- full dtp, it leads data in consistency, Because Full dtp it loads all the request which are lied at PSA during the DTP full load.

Thanks