cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Tiles - Could not start the app due to an internal error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN,

We have installed Fiori on GW 7.40 and configured 4 apps which we have extended.

The extended apps were placed into their own launchpad in LPD_CUST following the guide :

The apps all work ok for a while until an error pops out of nowhere "Could not start the app due to an internal error"

If I go back into the LPD_CUST application and go into my custom launchpad I see that all the apps "Link Text" are the same. After changing the names back to the application names the tiles started working again.

To try fix this I deleted the apps and re-added them with the correct link text. The error appeared again approximately a day later. I went into the launchpad config and all the "Link Text" was still the names of each app. To resolve the issue this time I changed the text slightly in all the apps and the tiles started working again.

Is there a patch or note that fixes this issue?

Regards

Jared

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed when patched to latest SP level.

Erol_CAGLAR
Participant
0 Kudos

please check  LPD_CUST AND FIORI PROJECT component.js,

It must be same both of them

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

I see root cause is your custom entry in the LPD_CUST.

Please upload the screenshots for the SAP standard entry and your custom entry.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Below are my screenshots of the apps in LDP_CUST. The apps do run fine after making a slight change to the Link Test. They just stop working after a while. Not sure why.

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 08.29.35.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 08.30.02.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 08.28.46.png

Regards

Jared

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

The first 3 screenshots are not visible. Could you check?

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Masa. Are they here now?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

It looks the component ID is same. Please check the component.js is your exteded app and update the component ID.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Do you mean component ID as in the Additional Information field? If so then they are different.

YD_LEAVE Launchpad : SAPUI5.Component=hcm.emp.myleaverequests.LeaveRequestExtension

UIX01HCM Launchpad : SAPUI5.Component=hcm.emp.myleaverequests

Regards

Jared

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

Please check the application alias. It should be different and should match with application alias in the tile.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

We have tried the different Alias approach and still same issue. During the weekend we debugged the issue and found this:

None of the tiles were working and that an error message kept popping up complaining about config settings.

I traced the issues back to ST22 where there is a class which keep dumping.

After spending some time debugging it, it turns out that the ABAP is incorrect and there is a type conflict in the code that determines if LPD_CUST settings have changed. (I.e. The transaction in SAP GUI where we register new apps).  Basically if we keep changing the settings every day it will be fine. Once the settings are over a day old, the class will reach the point in the code that throws the illegal conflict.

Workaround: each day we need to load transaction LPD_CUST, navigate to our custom configuration and change the description and save, then change description back to its original.

Do you know of a note or SP that would fix the issue? We are currently on 1.22.3 for SAPUI5 on 7.4. Im not sure what the latest is but maybe upgrading to the latest would fix the issue if they are even related.

Regards

Jared

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jard,

You can search notes in http://service.sap.com/notes.

Go to ST22. ST22 gives search keywords.

Regards, Masa