Fiori Payslip Tile icon getting changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

as per client requirement we have changed the Tile Icon

from sap-icon://travel-expense-report

with sap-icon://Fiori4/F0678.

but sometimes we can see below Image for few users:

is there any setting by which we can control this behavior or is there anything which we are missing as we have just changed the Tile ICON property from Launchpad Designer.

Regards,

Trilochan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the SP version of SAP_UI in your front end server?

Also what is the SAPUI5 library version?

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented My Paysilp V2 with Below components:

Backend Component: GBX01HR 600         1,

Frontend Component: UIHR001 100 SP01

SAP_UI: 740 SP12

UI Library : 1.28.24

Regards,

Trilochan

raeijpe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you run all cache reset reports for Fiori, UI5 and Odata ?

For example you can run abap report /UI2/INVALIDATE_CLIENT_CACHES.

Keep in mind that after upgrade your UI Addon package and ui5 libraries in the system, you always should clear the case and load the metadata again.

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we run all cache reset reports.

still can you please share the reports which you want us to execute,in case if we are missing anything.

our issue is we are getting different icon for only few users sometimes,which we have never set.

want to know why this weird behavior for tiles.

Regards,

Trilochan

raeijpe
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sitting behind my system, so I have to look next week for the reports.

Did you invest on the systems of the end-user. At the end icons are just font files.

You can check this in the networking tab of the browser development tool.

It will load some ttf files and you can install them on your system by dubble click them (depend on your os ). Now you can check in a text program if the correct character is there

RameshShrestha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trilochan,

Since it is happening only for few users, then it can be possible that the cache of that system is making the issue. I don't expect the Server to send different icon to different user unless there is some personalization or coded that way.

raeijpe
Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not about sending different icons, but about recieving the right one. There can be 2 

If the fonts aren't there, they will be replaced by an alternative font. This can be the case if the os has restrictions for receiving ttf files.

Or when old fonts are cached in the browser, the framework will use them and there will be new call at all to the server. This behavior you can check in the networking tab. Removing the ttf files  in the browser cache mostly solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Our worry is the user got it once after that we are not able to reproduce the issue.

if its fonts issue==> then user will never be able to see the actual Tile icon,which he is able to see.

if its cache issue==> then it should display Standard Icon not a completely different icon which we never assigned to the tile.

in our case we got a completely different icon  (Two Beers) which we have never assigned to the tile.

and we have observed this Behavior only for one User who is using SAP Fiori Client in iPad.

Regards,

Trilochan