Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Filter Query with PT language for G/L Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The G/L text is loading both English and Portuguese, I would like the Query to only show the Portuguese G/L descriptions only.

How can I restrict this at the Query level?

Cheers~

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Text depends on the logon language. If u want Portuguese text then login using Portuguese language or set your default language as Portuguese in SU01.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raghavendra. I did just as you suggested in SU01 but all my Texts that were supposed to be in English are now not showing in the Query. The only thing I need to show in Portuguese is the G/L Account descriptions. Everything else like the Profit Center Text needs to be in English. Please advise.

former_member209032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot have two different language for two different infoobject. Add an infoobject to the infoorovider and then load this infoobject with the portugese text of the GL account in the routine. Display this infoobject in the query.

Regards,

Raghavendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

would this routine be in the update rules of 0GL_ACCOUNT_TEXT for InfoObject 0LANGU?

Could you direct me to the right direction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

if there is a routine there to get the data then you will have to recreate it, you could post it here and we can help you with the routine on how to write it out

Former Member
0 Kudos

there isn't any routine there, language was directly mapped to language in the update rules. Any assistance in writing out the routine would be appreciated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Raghavendra suggested, its the solution. Make the default language as Portuguese for the users who want to see the data in Portuguese. Make sure that the language field is not changed to EN by users while logging to BEx tools.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are bringing text in your cube then you could just restrict it, otherwise follow what was mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The text is being fetched from the G/L InfoObject. I did try to use PT as a constant in the update rules but despite that its bringing both EN & PT. Any suggestions?