Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to upload file in SAP Analytics Cloud trial tenant

nori16
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Everyone,

My customer is trying to test with the trial account of SAP Analytics Cloud, but there is a server error and the test does not proceed. Attachment is a screenshot of an error message.

The error message that "Upload failed due to an unexpected internal server error. Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." is showed as soon as uploading csv file from "import file from my computer" menu.

If anyone has an idea to solve this problem, please let me know.

screen-shot.png

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm Anthony, product manager for the trial experience. If you are experiencing this issue, please email me directly anthony.lam@sap.com.

We have noticed that some trials experienced an issue during sign-up that has caused this error. I'll ensure your trial works again and update the expiration date so you have 30 days to properly experience Analytics Cloud.

Thank you,

Anthony

0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I seem to have the same issue, but my error message is "LOG is not defined".

I tried contacting you through the given mail-address but my mails get rejected.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance!

joice_samuel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm also facing same issue.. Please advice.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Joice,

We are currently experiencing a dysfunction in the free trial version of SAP Analytics Cloud, with the file upload functionality, and we are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.

As you probably know, the trial version of SAP Analytics Cloud is limited in time and functionality, as its first purpose is to allow you to check its value. This trial version is not suitable for advanced testing or for creating analyses that can be used in the enterprise.

If your need is to learn SAP Analytics Cloud, I recommend requesting a guided SAC experience at https://www.sap.com/products/technology-platform/cloud-analytics.html

If your need is to work with enterprise data, since you is already an SAP Analytics Cloud customer, you should contact your IT department in charge of SAP solutions and ask them to grant you access to their SAP Analytics Cloud Tenant.

In case your company is already an SAP customer, and you need to work with enterprise data, you should contact your IT department in charge of SAP solutions and ask them to grant you access to their SAP Analytics Cloud Test Tenant that they certainly have already.

If your company is a partner of SAP, you should contact the department in charge of SAP solutions and ask them to grant you access to the SAP Analytics Cloud Tenant for testing and demo that they probably already have.

Best regards,

Antoine Chabert (SAC Product Management)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello the recent trial problem has now been resolved. Please give it a new try and please accept this answer (as well as SAP apologies for the inconvenience faced). Kind regards, Antoine Chabert (SAC Product Management)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue and it looks like we are not able to adjust permissions in the trial account.

Any additional suggestions? We won't be able to create a model or a story w/o being able to upload some data.

Thanks in advance!

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Norihiro,

I'm not sure what permissions the trial account has by default and if it can be changed within the tenant.

SAP KBA Note 2604397 provides the minimum permissions required to upload a CSV file into SAC. At minimum your user needs:

• Create permission on either Analytic Model or Planning Model.
  • Execute permission on Personal Data Acquisition.
    => Without this permission, you cannot choose option "Import a file from your computer" to create a new model.
  • Create and Read permissions on Connection.
    => Without the two permissions, you will get error message "The upload failed due to an unexpected internal server error. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator" when uploading file.