cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when attempting to install Live Office

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting an error when attempting to install Live Office (BuildVersion=12.3.4.895.LO_Titan_FP_SP3_REL) on my laptop. The error (attached) states that a valid version of Microsoft Office must be installed before installing Live Office. I have MS Office 2007 on my laptop. I was able to install an earlier version (12.3.0) before but it wasn't working correctly. I un-installed it and am now trying to install the newer release.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

As I understood, you are trying to install XI 3.1 Live office SP3 FP4. (Any specifc reason for installing FP4 ? - You can install SP5 as well)

In addition, Please tell us following:

• Your machine  OS with service pack level
  • .Net framework version
  • MS office version
Former Member
0 Kudos

David / Hardik,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

David - I checked out the note you mentioned and it doesn't seem to pertain to my situation. The resolution mentioned in this note states:

Resolution

The fix for this issue has been targetted for XI 3.1 Service Pack 5.

Note: The Full Build installation works fine with Windows 7 and MSExcel 2010.

The issue was with someone trying to use MS Excel 2003 and I am using Office 2007 so I'm thinking this may not apply.

Hardik - here's the specs you asked for:

• Your machine  OS with service pack level (Windows 7 Home Premium SP1)
  • .Net framework version (4.0.30319)
  • MS office version (MS Office Home and Student 12.0.6612.1000)

One thought: do you think it might have something to do with me using the Home and Student version of Office? My understanding from what I've read is that the only real difference between the different versions is the number of apps you get (Home and Student only has four: Word, Excel, PP, and OneNote). Does Live Office require the Professional version of Office? I haven't been able to find anything in the LO docs that says one way or the other. I bought the Home and Student version because all I need is the big three apps for Live Office.

I suppose I could try installing SP5 instead of SP4. The only reason I'm using SP4 is because that is the level that Crystal Reports and the Integration Kit for SAP are at on my laptop and on the BOE server. I've always understood that you should keep all components at the same SP level (that makes sense). However, perhaps in the case of LO I should be using SP5. The note that David mentions states that SP5 fixed their problem. Thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

David / Hardik,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

David - I checked out the note you mentioned and it doesn't seem to pertain to my situation. The resolution mentioned in this note states:

Resolution

The fix for this issue has been targetted for XI 3.1 Service Pack 5.

Note: The Full Build installation works fine with Windows 7 and MSExcel 2010.

The issue was with someone trying to use MS Excel 2003 and I am using Office 2007 so I'm thinking this may not apply.

Hardik - here's the specs you asked for:

• Your machine  OS with service pack level (Windows 7 Home Premium SP1)
  • .Net framework version (4.0.30319)
  • MS office version (MS Office Home and Student 12.0.6612.1000)

One thought: do you think it might have something to do with me using the Home and Student version of Office? My understanding from what I've read is that the only real difference between the different versions is the number of apps you get (Home and Student only has four: Word, Excel, PP, and OneNote). Does Live Office require the Professional version of Office? I haven't been able to find anything in the LO docs that says one way or the other. I bought the Home and Student version because all I need is the big three apps for Live Office.

I suppose I could try installing SP5 instead of SP4. The only reason I'm using SP4 is because that is the level that Crystal Reports and the Integration Kit for SAP are at on my laptop and on the BOE server. I've always understood that you should keep all components at the same SP level (that makes sense). However, perhaps in the case of LO I should be using SP5. The note that David mentions states that SP5 fixed their problem. Thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went ahead an tried installing LO 3.1 SP5 and it installed correctly. That's the good news. The bad news is I'm back to my orginal issue. I still can't see any BOE CR instances when I use the Live Office Insert Wizard (see screenshot below):

When I last used Live Office (perhaps two years ago) I was able to click a "+" next to the report object to get to the instances. All the documentation I've seen of the LO Insert Wizard shows the report  objects with the "+" next to them to drill into the instances. 3 of the 5 reports in this folder have historical instances.

Any idea on why I can't see the report instances?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Latest update:

I've been able to determine that you no longer get a "+" next to the report objects but now you select the report object first to get access to the fields and/or report parts you want to link to. Once this is done you can then set your Refresh Option to whatever you need (it defaults to Lastest Instance).

I can get this to work fine with the sample reports that come with BOE for Crystal. However, I get an error when attempting to access a report based on a BW query. Here's the error I get:

So . . . now what? Looks like there's an issue with integrating with BW in this case. Do I update my Integration Kit to SP5? Right now I'm on SP3. However, the BOE servers here on all on SP3 as well. Will this get things out of sync?

DavidLY
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check SAP note:

1573950 - Error: "Version of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook or

Regards,

David