cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easier start by other defaults for Assertion Attributes in SAP CP Identity Authentication Service

gregorw
Active Contributor

Hello SAP CP Identity Authentication Service Team,

at Configure Assertion Attributes Mapping the integration with SAP Cloud Platform is described. Unfortunately the attributes are:

• first_name
  • last_name
  • mail

This results in the following display in the SAP CP Portal Fiori Launchpad User Settings:

if the attributes would be

• firstname
  • lastname
  • email

Then it would match the Assertion Attributes that are provided from the SAP ID Service. And it seems only when this attributes are used the Name of the user is correctly displayed when using i.e. the SAP CP Portal Fiori Launchpad User Settings:

I hope that this default setting can be changed to give customers using the SAP CP Identity Authentication Service have a easier start especially if they use it for SAP CP Applications.

Best regards
Gregor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor

Hi Gregor,

I had earlier mapped the assertion attributes in SAP CP cockpit to achieve this. You have provided a good feedback to default these attributes. I will notify the relevant colleagues.

Regards,

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

as the recommended setting for the mapping in the documentation is:

* to *
it would be great if the default could be changed.

Best regards
Gregor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rileyrainey
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That is inconsistent, isn't it? I'm forwarding your point to the IAS PM, Gregor.

Riley

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Riley,

any news from the PM?

Best regards
Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any news from the PM riley.rainey ?

pjcools
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Getting more detail on the Group assertions would also be helpful. Basically, the syntax to use when checking for a single AD group when the user is assigned multiple AD groups. I have had issues setting this up at every client using MS ADFS and the instructions available in the help are not complete. Would be good to have a complete and concise guide for all of the assertion configuration as the values differ depending on where authentication is going to.

rileyrainey
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gregor, I'm checking now. I'll probably get a response overnight.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any update?

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any news regarding that after a year riley.rainey?

rileyrainey
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Yes. I last spoke to the IAS team about this a few months back. At the time, they stated that there was an effort underway to address this as part of migrating Identity to what is becoming known as SAP Cloud Platform Kernel Services. They didn't have a specific timeframe for me, but I'll recheck with them now.

Riley