cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SAP MDG-M Consolidation allow update to staging data for an in-progress CR?

partha_kar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Does MDG-M consolidation in latest versions, as standard feature, allows update of staging data of a change request(CR) in mass, which is a native feature of 'File Upload' in MDG?

To elaborate more on the topic, in the business process i am required to create CR with multiple materials into it and looking for a feature to mass update the CR during an approval process as its tedious to update 100s of materials within a CR individually. The 'File Upload' has a common way to understand from the entity key, whether it would create a new CR or merge with an existing one during the CR process. Does consolidation offer such a feature?

I have gone through the links "Master Data Governance on S/4 HANA 1909" Consolidation - https://www.sap.com/documents/2016/05/c0406bbc-737c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.html. However there is no mention in the document for this scenario.

Regards

ParthaK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

derek_shao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Partha,

Good day.

I read your description in detail.

Please understand MDG Consolidation&Mass Processing is different functionality against the File Upload.

And it is always recommended to use the direct active option other than activation with change request.

Though you choose the option with change request anyway,

the behavior you expect to using consolidation to update data/objects already part of a change request will not be possible

using MDG Consolidation&Mass Processing.

Most of the cases, you will get the Process failed due to locking errors(as the objects are locked in CRs).

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Derek

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar requirements as well. Please see below:

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13767674/update-a-cr-in-the-middle-mass-processing.html

Is there any way we can achieve it? Our customer wants to take this only through CR process, not direct activation.

Would highly appreciate your reply.

Thanks, Arindam