cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher Not Executing - IDM v8

brandonbollin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Experts, I'm seeing something in an IDM v8 environment that's got me really scratching my head. I was testing the creation and manipulation of a user in a new repository. This is an Active Directory (AD) system so I did the initial load job and then assigned the system privilege to my test user. All went well. The user was created in AD in the proper OU and all the attributes from IDM carried over. I made some changes to the attributes in IDM and they were pushed to the account, no problem.

Then I tried to remove the system privilege, which should have deleted the user out of AD. Everything in the provisioning framework package worked just fine and it was all green check marks in the job log. Here's the problem. The DeleteUser generic process executed just fine in the provisioning framework. The script inside that To Generic pass executed and performed the uProvision function which called the DeprovisionADSUser process from the AD package. When you drill down into that process, the eventual job that's supposed to execute the LDAP commands to remove the user, DeleteADSUser, should be executing, but it's not.

I wrote a SQL select statement, with a few joins from other tables for clarity's sake, to show what's in the Provisioning Queue. Here, you can see that the DeleteADSUser task is in a Ready to run state, but that's it. It's just sitting there and the dispatcher doesn't appear to be picking it up and executing the task. WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS?! There's nothing that I can see which would prevent the dispatcher from doing its job so, why isn't it?

I tried restarting the server that hosts the dispatcher, restarting the dispatcher, nothing seems to work. Additionally, other jobs and processes are working just fine. In other words, the dispatcher is executing other stuff so the dispatcher itself isn't stuck overall, just on this one thing. There is no approval or anything sitting out there waiting to be executed before this can go either so... what? Why won't the dispatcher process this line in the queue?

Thanks in advance for any advise you can give. Would like to avoid submitting an OSS ticket but it's going to get to that point soon.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clotilde_martinez
Participant

Hi Brandon,

could you check that your pass DeleteADUser is enabled and not in an error state?

If so, try to force restart it. If there's an error, fix the pass and then try again. if the button won't work, change the pass status in the DB to idle and next execution time to now+2sec, the dispatcher should pick it up.

Regards,

Clotilde

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is the explanation for the DB pass

https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3780316

brandonbollin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After checking the State tab on the task, yes. It's in an Error state. Currently, the client is doing some testing on the system so I cannot check the package out to attempt your suggested fix but that is almost certainly the cause. If forcing the restart doesn't work, I know how to change the job's status directly in the database as well so, again, this is definately the correct answer. THANK YOU!!