Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine Agent via BRF+

JunyiYu
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How can we use BRF+ to determine which agent should the task be routed to?

E.g. For task A, it is usually routed to agent 1. But if agent 1 is on holidays or on medical leave, the workflow should route to Agent 2, based on the rules in BRF+.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215344
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jiunn,

I think it is possible in BRF using the badi /SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER and make sure you provide the implementation class for the badi in IMG in path below:

SAP Supplier Relationship Management-> SRM Server->Business Add-Ins-> Business Workflow-> Process-Controlled Workflow -> Define Agents.

Pls reward if helpful.

Thanks,

Ajay Bose

JunyiYu
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,

Is this only applicable for SRM or we can use BRF in ERP as well. Thanks.

former_member215344
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jiunn,

BRF was introduced in SAP SRM 7.0 and currently it is used only in SRM as far as I know.

Thanks,

Ajay Bose

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BRF+ is available in ERP from EhP5 onwards.

Of course, one way of determining agents is to call a rule that executes a function module.

That function can invoke BRF+.

I haven't tried it myself though.

cheers

Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting, I just started using brf+ in solution manager where I could have used a rule,this has to be the biggest disadvantage of it. You can't make rules easily time dependant.

what you have to do is either use substitution in SBWP to fix this issue or you will have to change the decision table.

go to Table settings

Insert column, choose from expression.

Then choose BRFplus Default Objects and add Current date to your decision table.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Well adding a validation date seems pretty easy to me? And it's nice because you can use the cell logic to set ranges for the dates that the other columns apply.  I wouldn't use current date though - just use your own Valid Date timepoint/date data object.  Then when you call your decision table you can control what you map to Valid Date - which helps a lot if you need to simulate rules retrospectively or for future additions.

Another good approach is to use the preconditions on rulesets to dictate when rules apply.. that's for a more complex approach of course.

And not to forget the versioning options naturally... but assumed you had already considered that?

Rgds,

Jocelyn

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jiun Yee Yu, you might also want to take a look at this blog that explains the workflow to BRFplus integration quite well if you haven't already seen it. 

Regards,

Jocelyn

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Jocelyn, I had not considered that. Like I said I just started using it and with all things new it seems a bit cumbersome when you try to make it work the first time.

It'll probably pass in due time.

Cheers, Rob.