Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designer user should not execute the job from the designer

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am creating users using CMC user management. I need to create the user that should access the Designer and develop the jobs. But that user should have access to execute the jobs from only management console not from the designer. If I use the SAP Data Services Designer user group that is allowing to run from the designer also. But it should not be like that . The user should not allow to run the jobs from the designer and should not allow schedule the jobs from management console. Could you please help me in this setup.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkata Ramana Paidi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Highly unusual requirement !!!

You may try blocking the Designer Communication ports in BODS installation server

1) In designer Client go to Options --> Environment --> Designer Communication Ports

2) Uncheck "Allow Designer to set the port for Job Server Communication

3) Define a specific range of ports for communication

4) On BODS server define a firewall rule to block all these ports to prevent the communication of designer with Job server

former_member442248
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please dont do it. How you plan to enable the developers to run the job in debug mode. It becomes very difficult for troubleshooting post development. Have seen such a setup (it was not intentional but happened once they migrated from on-premise to cloud and none ever really cared to troubleshoot it) for one of the clients and believe me life of developers was very difficult there.

Regards.

Shaz

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where does this requirement come from? It's like saying "You should write a Java program but are not allowed to test it". Development needs testing.

Wouldn't the better approach be to enable the developer to execute his program without impacting others, e.g. by pointing the datastores in development to a development instance of the target database?