cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports not displaying in IE9 or in Compatibility Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there:

I am running Crystal Reports Runtime with 8.5 with dlls -- crviewer.dll, swebrs.dll, and sviewhlp.dll on Internet Explorer 9 in Compatibility Mode and I can't get my reports to display.  I can download the reports locally as PDFs or Excel documents and everything displays fine.  I am working in a Classic ASP Legacy enterprise environment.  Do you have any ideas or suggestions to force Crystal to display the reports? 

Thanks Brett

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brett

I moved your Discussion to the SAP Crystal Reports - Legacy SDKs Space.

All I have is bad news for you:

Unfortunately, this will not work. CR 8.5 stopped being supported over 10 years ago. Thus what ever OS you are on, will not be supported. Time to update to something more recent. Unfortunately, this will mean that you will have to re-code your ap pusing CR SDK for .NET or Java as the RDC (crviewer / craxdrt.dll) was retired in version CR XI R2 (11.5) and that version has been out of support for over two years now...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek:

Thank you for your quick response.  Have some developers had any luck with Crystal Reports Viewers 2008, 2011, or 2013 running legacy reports? Or other workarounds?  I understand 11.5 and earlier versions are out of support.

Thanks in advance!

Brett

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brett

CR 2011 and CR 2013 do not install any SDKs, so those versions become inconsequential. The runtime for CR 2011 and 2013 is in "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio", which can be downloaded from here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

Note that the above is only supported on VS 2010 and VS 2012.

Both CR 2008 and "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio" are able to run reports created in previous versions of CR - all the way back to CR 9. Reports created before CR 9 may require modifications. However,there is no RDC SDK (craxdrt.dll). You must use the CR SDK for .NET. Alternatively, you could use the CR for Eclipse SDK.

- Ludek

Answers (0)