cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports error [CRSDK00001087] after updating to BO 4.3 SP4 patch 1

micamo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

after updting from BO 4.3 SP2 Patch 9 to BO 4.3 SP4 Patch 1, when I open for viewing (or scheduling) a Crystal Report from the LaunchPad or CMC, I get the following error:

The viewer could not process an event. com/businessobjects/i18n/monofmtlib_jni/monofmtlib [CRSDK00001087]
---- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]

The error codes can be found in other cases, but I can't find the exact correspondence with "com/businessobjects/i18n/monofmtlib_jni/monofmtlib".

The report is loaded correctly when opened from Crystal Reports for Enterprise client application: the issue only occurs when attempting to view or schedule the report from the web (LaunchPad or CMC).

This seems to occur only to a certain reports, as others are working normally. Anyway, all of them worked properly before updating.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Are there any similarities in the reports that are throwing an error?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know I answered this yesterday, but my response isn't showing.  

Since you're using a linked subreport, I'd like you to try a couple of things to debug the issue.

1. Right-click on the subreport and select "Format Subreport".  Go to the Subreport Tab.  Make sure that "Re-Import when Opening" is not checked.  I realize this goes against one of the reasons for using a subreport that's a separate report, but we're just testing here.  Publish the report and test to determine whether the change fixes the issue.

2.  On the same subreport tab as before, make sure that this is not an On-Demand subreport.  If it's a report that's usually scheduled, it shouldn't be On-Demand any ways.  Again, if you made a change, publish the report a test to see whether the change fixes the issue.

3.  Delete the subreport and re-import it.  If you changed servers as part of the upgrade, the internal IDs for the report that the subreport is linked to may have changed.  This might resolve the issue.

If 1 or 2 solves the problem, you should probably open a ticket with SAP to report this as a bug.  Be explicit about what the problem is and what you did to fix it.

If none of the above solves the problem, unfortunately, you'll need to open a ticket with SAP to resolve the issue.

-Dell

micamo
Explorer
0 Kudos
@DellSC: only one report is showing this behavior, and that's the only report we have that's structured with a subreport
micamo
Explorer
0 Kudos
@DellSC: 1) the subreport isn't linked but embedded, so the re-import option isn't there. 2) On-demand isn't selected. 3) Unfortunately we had to rollback the update, so as of right now, I can't do the re-import test.
DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since this is an imported subreport, I would try a couple of things to try to diagnose the issue:

- Make sure that "Re-Import When Opening" is turned OFF for the subreport.  I know you may want the subreport to automatically update with any changes to the report it's based on, but this is for testing purposes right now.

- Turn off "On Demand Subreport" if it's turned on.  This feature is more applicable to reports that are run interactively than for reports that are scheduled.

- Try deleting the subreport and re-importing it from your system.  It's possible that some internal id that's needed for the subreport was changed as part of the upgrade.

Whether or not any of these fixes the report, you'll probably want to open a ticket with SAP on this.  If any step fixes the issue, then it's a bug that needs to be reported.  If none of it fixes the report, you'll need more help than we can give you here.

-Dell

micamo
Explorer
0 Kudos

I found only one report affected. A peculiarity if this report is that it's made of a main report and a subreport.
The report imported as subreport has no issue when opened separately.