cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crosstab disconnected from data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Just recently, few users have reported issues where the crosstab is disconnected from its data source. Therefore, when data source is refreshed then it doesn't refresh the sheet with crosstab. In the following example, crosstab1 on "Production BI" sheet is connected to data source but rest of the sheet has lost it's crosstab connection to data source. However, I can still see all the data sources in the prompt window.

We are using following

> Analysis for Excel - Version 1.4 SP6

> Excel 2013

Is there anyway that we can re-assign data source to crosstab without creating a new sheet with new crosstab and data source? Any help will be highly regarded.

Regards

Angad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Angad -

I am not using Excel 2013 (yet)

Have you tried resetting the data source to see if that restores the connection?  In the Display panel, Components tab, right-click, reset data source - see below:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your reply. Although, I could not see "Reset Data Source" option for data source which doesn't have any crosstab associated with it but your reply has helped me to find the resolution.

I can use "Insert Crosstab" option from context menu and then tell it to go to specific cells of sheet. I just tested with my test worksheet and it works. However, I have to discuss with user and try with his spread sheet. I will let you know tomorrow if that resolves the issue.

Regards

Angad

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to hear, Angad and good luck

I just happened to be on the tab myself when your discussion came through

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

The issue was resolved later. Thanks for the tip.

Regards

Angad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angad,

I had this issue already in earlier versions: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3410727 ... and from time to time our users still report this.

So far we have not been able to identify the root cause 😞

Regards, Martin

stephen_hobbs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I have just reported an incident of this to SAP today. User is on 2.1.2 and like yourselves, we have been unable to either replicate or workout the issue. I have also witnessed it on 1.4.7

Luckily it's not too common and usually users have a backup or previous version of the file to fall back on but it is embarrassing when we have to say 'sorry but that's now a useless workbook'.

Have you got any closer to the issue? I will update with what SAP come back with...

Regards,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

unfortunately we did not find out the root cause, either.

I'm just IT, and not working with AO like our end users, so I can't imagine what leads to the issue.

I promised a six-pack beer for the answer, if my colleagues can find out a reproduceable way

I had not to buy one, yet

Regards, Martin

former_member725951
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yep I still see the issue from time to time (version 2.8, 2021)