cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM-BOBJ Integration to display BOBJ reports in CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are working on a customer engagement where we need to integrate BOBJ reports ( Open Document ID based URL) in CRM.   We would like to go with the standard CRM-BOBJ integration.

we have followed the  SAP help : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp01/helpdata/en/df/6559d6b7ea49fa80e870ab74468954/content.htm.

As per the above given link, we have activated the required business function. Further we have also done following configuration in SPRO

• SPRO - > CRM -> CRM Analytics -> Define report profile ->  for the default profile ID -> Enabled check box SAP BOBJ Crystal reports , SAP BOBJ Xcelsius , SAP BOBJ enterprise server reports.
  • SPRO -> CRM -> CRM Analytics -> Display SAP BO enterprise server reports in CRM ( Specified the Open document ID and Transaction launcher ID CRM_ANA_WEBI_LAUNCHER)

We need to configure around 10 reports and we do not want to go with native CRM transaction launcher as it require hardcoded URL and the same need to be modified when we move the objects to other systems in the environment.

Are we missing something apart from the above mentioned configuration. Highly appreciate your response. We are using SAP CRM7.0 EHP2 and SAP BO BI platform 4.0 SP4.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you share your experience on the steps that you did for performance improvement when webi documents are opening on the CRM portal. we are trying to a similar thing and trying to display the data for customer and we have integrated 3 webis on the CRM portal. The back end is HANA. For few big customers it takes a lot of time and there is a timeout in the portal. Can any steps be taken from the webi end to improve the performance?

Thanks

Shweta

former_member199597
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I decided to write a blog about my experience with CRM / Webi.

In my case I did not use the integrated reporting but ya'll welcome to check out the entry and maybe add comments and improvements.

Blog - Webi in CRM

Cheers,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas, can you share your experience on the steps that you did for performance improvement when webi documents are opening on the CRM portal. we are trying to a similar thing and trying to display the data for customer and we have integrated 3 webis on the CRM portal. The back end is HANA. For few big customers it takes a lot of time and there is a timeout in the portal. Can any steps be taken from the webi end to improve the performance?

Thanks

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea / Info,

Do you have any blog or how to create a link without hardcoding the BOBJ server and port information in it? There are lot of people looking for that kind of information so that you do not have to change the server and port information once you transport to other landscape.

Please advise.

Thanks

-Sini

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasath,

you mentioned that you did not want to go with "hardcoded" URLs.

In general you have the option to leverage an application called "OpenDocument" which allows to leverage all content that is stored on your SAP BusinessObjects server, but also that URL does need server details as the application is stored on your application server.

another option could be to leverage the SDK and create a very simple app that just lists all the reports from a specific folder for example

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

Many thanks for the reply.    

I'm saying I do not want to go with 'hardcoded' URL using the transaction launcher as we need to modify the URL in each of the system across the landscape.

We are specifying the 'BOBJ server details' (HTTP Connection) & 'Open Document ID' when we go with the configuration 'Display SAP Business Objects Reports in CRM' .  I agree that application server is mandatory. Therefore we created a HTTP Connection and referring to it in the above configuration. Question is that are we missing something due to which the above mentioned server configurations are ignored when system calls the BOBJ reports. 

If you could share the How-to procedure to be followed apart from the configurations mentioned in my questions, It would be helpful for many who are looking for such information.

Thanks,

Prasath

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasath,

the usage of the application OpenDocument is part of the product documentation, which is available on help.sap.com.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply.

Hope  you are referring the URL for the open document usage.  We do not have any problems in
formulating the URL.  We could access the report by the URL formed manually and directly accessing the URL by using browsers.

However question is all about how the below configuration can be used further.  We have gone further and tried to access the reports with reference to Report ID specified in the below configuration using 'Analytics Professional' business role through CRM WEBUI. We do not see any output. 

SPRO -> CRM -> CRM Analytics -> Display SAP BO enterprise server reports in CRM (Specified the Open document ID and
Transaction launcher ID CRM_ANA_WEBI_LAUNCHER, HTTP connection for BOBJ sever)

Is  there anything we need to do to make it work?

Many thanks in advance for all your support.

-Prasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

in SPRO -> CRM -> CRM Analytics -> Display SAP BO enterprise server reports you must specified Opend Doc ID , transaction launcher and RFC connection to BO Enterprise.

The RFC connection must be HTTP type.

Then in the transaction launcher use an URL , where you must specified the fist part of Open Document ID path:

/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sIDType=wid

(BOE is necessary for BI4)

you can also indicate the host and port of BOBJ server.

My problem now is that, Idoc id , specified in

SPRO -> CRM -> CRM Analytics -> Display SAP BO enterprise server reports

is not used when i select the Webi document in the CRM portal.

Bye.

Andrea

former_member199597
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prasath,

In case you may not have solved this.

Did you try to specifiy Parameter "sIDType=CUID" ?

I did try to call the URL without this parameter and it gave me a blank page.

So you might wanna try:

/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sType=wid&sIDType=CUID

I will set this up on our environment and post results if I have any

Anyone solved this issue already?

My question ist if I really need to activate CRM_ANA_BOB only for integration of BO Webi?

At the moment I dont see why I would need to do so - anyone could share a light?

Cheers,

Andreas

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried the Report Wizard  to find reports, select them, and assign them to specific business roles as mentioned in business function CRM_ANA_BOB docu?

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,

Thanks for your reply

I'm able to access report using the 'Analytics professional' Business role. When we click on the report link, system throws error message 'Error while building the data flow'. 

I can see that system calls the BI Launchpad URL when we click  on the link "Create New Enterprise Report'. However system is not using the 'HTTP connection' Created for BOBJ-CRM Integration when we access the specific report.

Thanks,

Prasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have you solved the issue?

I suggest yout ot create a custom transaction launcher with custom handler class.

First a create an URL with  non-BSP URL:

/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?

My problem is that when i launch a webi document, after first BO logon page, apper a blank page with message : No document found.

Best Regards.

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

This has not been solved. We are already using custom transaction launcher with non-BSP URL as a workaround. Still looking for the best solution.

Try to use the Launcher ID CRM_ANA_WEBI_LAUNCHER_URL with the following non-BSP URL  addition /OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sType=wid

Thanks,

Prasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

Now when i launch the report , new window is opened but with this result:

This is the customizing of my webi report:

The transaction launcher i configured in this way:

The transaction launcher is this url:

The configuration is right?

Thank 's a lot for your support.

Best Regards.