cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create BODS jobs in python

jdickinson
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Does anyone have an example of how to create a BODS job in python?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jmuiruri
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi jdickinson,

Sounds like a good idea but unfortunately it doesn't have one.

Disclaimer: This is my thought process if i was to approach it your way.

I think it's can be possible to create a an ATL file programmatically although this would be a huge undertaking.

If you think about it when you export a Job in SAP Data Services, you have two choices

1. XML
  2. ATL

What these means is that each object in SAP Data Services can be represented as an XML structure, even the ATL looks more or less like an XML Structure.

So if i could create these objects programmatically, then it would be more or less possible to create a Job programmatically. (Pure Speculation here, haven't tried it).

If you can create them, you can import them into SAP Data Services Repository by calling AL_ENGINE from the command line interface or programmatically.

If the ATL can be imported, then you can actually trigger the created Job by AL_ENGINE from the command line interface or programmatically.

If you wanted to schedule the jobs, you could also create the schedule scripts programmatically, using third-party APIs or make webservice call.

I therefore think this is actually possible

Br,

Joe

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Can you please elaborate more what connectivity or setup you are looking for, if you want to call out Python functionality in BODS you can refer below SCN thread

https://answers.sap.com/questions/279018/sap-data-services-and-python---how-to-install-a-li.html

Regards,

Daya Jha

jdickinson
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I want to create a new BODS job via python. That is administer BODS via python rather than use the python callout within a job.