cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create alert sound with popup

pekka_pottonen
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to create sounds with webdynpro abap?

I have a application which is operated using wireless barcode scanner, and if error occurs I´d like to have a alert sound that tells the user to stop scanning and check the input.

Using popup I can visually tell the user that there is a problem with barcode, but if user is not looking at the monitor or is too far away to see, it is very hard to know the status of the bardode read. The scanner is "dummy" scanner, it cannot tell that there is an error.

Regards,

Pekka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no UI element that really supports the the playing of sounds within Web Dynpro. In the future you might be able to use the flashIslands UI element to embed a flash/flex component that would play the sound in the popup. For now you might want to consider using an iFrame (although technically depreciated) to host a BSP page (or other web programming page) to play the sound file.

In something like BSP where you can directly output HTML you can play a sound with code like this:

<embed src="error.wav" autostart=true loop=false>

pekka_pottonen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the answer that i was, sad to say, expecting. I tested a solution that uses iFrame and a html page with the code you showed, but it is not so nice.

Anyway, I quess I´ll have to create a html page that fits with the webdynpro solution with its looks and feel and with proper two way navigation.

-Pekka-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas, please note that the "Flash Island on the popup" example in WebDynpro WDR_TEST_FLASH_ISLAND of the Netweaver 7.01 Sneak Preview is abending with error below :

Adapter error in FLASH_ISLAND "ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER" of view "WDR_TEST_FLASH_ISLAND.SHOW_FLASH_ISLAND": The UI element must not be used in a popup window.

Does that mean the release version of enh1 will have the same limitation ?

thanks

P.S. example "change URL of a .swf file" also abends :

Adapter error in FLASH_ISLAND "ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER" of view "WDR_TEST_FLASH_ISLAND.SHOW_FLASH_ISLAND": The SWF source file of a FlashIsland UI element is not allowed to be changed during runtime.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That is true - you can't put any of the active Controls (interactiveForm, gantt chart, etc) inside a popup. You would have to place the FlashIsland in your main window and trigger an event within in as you trigger the popup window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

fair enough, thanks for your reply Thomas!

Answers (0)