cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of Non-Standard X12 message with Seeburger Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are using the Seeburger Adapter. Our reqirement is to receive a X12 850 order and convert it to an IDoc.

Problem now is that some additional fields are required in the X12 message that are beyond standard X12. For example we have some additional classification for order types that are used for additional classification of orders.

Would the Seeburger Adapter be able to do this additional conversion?

Or should we use some already existing fields that we use for additional information?

What would be a recommended approach here?

Thank you very much for your information

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create your own mapping in this case using the BIC Mapping Designer. This can then be deployed on PI and used. If you don't want to change the mapping, then you need to use the existing field from the current mapping structures.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you very much for your input.

Just to make sure I have the same understanding: If you talk about mapping, is it the X12 to X12 XML conversion? I will apply my own mapping from X12 XML to IDoc.

Main question is whether the Adapter can handle to X12 to X12 XML conversion if there are additional fields in the X12.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My reply was for X12 to X12 xml mapping only. The BIC MD mapping refer to this mapping. Adapter can handle only the standard structures and any change in structure should have corresponding custom mappings.

X12 XML to IDoc mapping is what you perform in XI mapping options (graphical, java, xsl, abap).

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> My reply was for X12 to X12 xml mapping only. The BIC MD mapping refer to this mapping. Adapter can handle only the standard structures and any change in structure should have corresponding custom mappings.

> X12 XML to IDoc mapping is what you perform in XI mapping options (graphical, java, xsl, abap).

>

> Regards,

> Prateek

Internal Mapping from X12 to IDoc is no problem.

Is BIC MD mapping available for PI adapter too or is this only part of BIC?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BIC MD mappings are deployed on PI java stack. Thats how you use See_X2E_*** mappings in adapter module chain in PI. There are standard mappings available for standard X12 structures and you dont have to do anything about it. But when it comes to change in standard X12 structures, you need to create your own mapping, deploy it on PI, and use this in channel module chain.

BIC MD is altogether a different software for mappings. BIC Module when used in PI uses the mapping created in BIC MD.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BIC mapping is the one which does the conversion from EDI X12 flatfile to EDI X12 XML ...which is used your X12 to IDOC mapping...

In order to have X12 XML you need to create the BIC mapping which needs to be deployed in PI server after generating the SDA file...

BIC mapping is needed only if you use different version of X12 (i.e not X12 850 V4010) else there is already built in mapping is avaialable...

Hope this clears your queries....

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your helpful answers!

I think it is clear now. Whenever possible I will try to avoid any changes of the X12 structure but use existing fields.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Florian,

I assume that if this X12 850 message is in the exact version you loaded to the Seeburger

then the additional fields are not standard and therfor the Seeburger map should be modified.

Not sure if that is possible.you'll have to continue and query.

By the way -with Conversion agent it is possbile to modify the X12 structure to match your needs.

Good luck.

Nimrod.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for the latest version of the standard X12 850 document version...May be that version can contain the needed fields for your requirement...

then using that version you can generate the mappings in seeburger and the rest of the process remains same...

HTH

Rajesh