cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGESET_PROCESS - Defer Mode

omi1
Explorer
0 Kudos

All the CRUD methods, EXECUTE_ACTION method, CREATE_DEEP_ENTITY method, CREATE_STREAM etc.. can be implemented inside CHANGESET_PROCESS using defer mode. Hence, can we say that it is best approach to always implement CAHNGESET_PROCESS instead of all other methods in DPC_EXT ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Yes, if you have simple operations you should just implement the simple CREATE_ENTITY , ... methods.

I agree that there are definitely advantages when dealing with multiple payloads at once. (That's what we have built it for ;-)). For example if you want to support content id referencing.

But if you have a simple application I would recommend to stick to the basic methods.

Best regards,

Andre

omi1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Andre, that answers my question.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

No. Because it's complicated to implement and if it's not required why would you want to make things more complicated than required?

omi1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comment Andre.

May be because it improves the performance when dealing with multiple payloads at once. Also, it avoids the looping of methods when dealing with multiple entries.. Example: Lets say we are trying to create 5 work order header details at once, In this case the payload is sent via $batch from UI, now we have two options, 1. Implement CREATE_ENTITY followed by CHANGESET_BEGIN and CHANGESET_END (this will loop the CREATE_ENTITY multiple times) 2. Implement CHANGESET_BEGIN, CHANGESET_END, CHANGESET_PROCESS (no looping , All 5 work orders gets created in CHANGESET_PROCESS) makes sense ?? Open for your comments/suggest

omi1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Are you saying that when we are dealing with single payloads and one line of data we can still go ahead and implement CRUD methods ? Here there is no point in implementing CHANGESET_PROCESS (no batch operations)