cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTP flight demo - absence of clear documentation

giammaria-pace
Participant

Dear SAP experts

in order to learn RAP I would like to check some pre build demo sceanrio like the Flight demo scenario

Dozens of official SAP blogs and documemntation are pointing to this page GitHub - SAP-samples/abap-platform-refscen-flight at ABAP-platform-cloud

But then I found out in answered question that the DEMO is already delivered in the BTP trail that I am using

Meanwhile I also found out that I cannot do what is reported in above mentioned package since the flight package under DMO/... is already existing.But then what to do?since I do not see the Package !!!

my Resolution to avoid other people waste hours like I did

Then I was lucky enough to get the correct view in order to see the all the development linked to the demo flight scenario.

So the solution for me would be today to create a ABAP repository tree in Eclipse and

define filter using control +space ---> comp:/DMO/FLIGHT_SWC package:/DMO/FLIGHT

and having a tree level package-- Application component -->SWC

Question is

1)"why has to be so difficult"?Cannot SAP simply update that page? or not reference it everywhere?

2)what is the best source to make the best use of this demo in order to understand the RAP technology/framework

Thanks in advance to any response

Cheers,

GP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JessieCheah
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

If you right-click on Favourite Packages, in the sub menu would be an option to Add Package, then just give the /DMO/FLIGHT package and it would be under that tree every time you access the system via ADT.

In the README of 'main' branch of the GitHub repository, there is a link to the SAP Help Portal: https://help.sap.com/docs/abap-cloud/abap-rap/downloading-abap-flight-reference-scenario. On this page you will find a list of different sample services, like read-only, managed transactional etc and the corresponding documentation. These services make use of the Flight Reference Scenario.

Regards,

Jessie