cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bookmark in Lumira Designer: Lumira 2.0 : Analysis Application Error

0 Kudos

We are on Lumira Designer 2.0 SP2 patch 1.

The requirement is to create a dashboard on BEx query and have bookmarks for it.

I created the dashboard, by using the 'Generic Analysis' Template and plugging in the query name. I am using the predefined bookmark which comes along with the generic analysis template. I saved the dashboard on BI platform. When I execute the report, and try to save bookmark, I am getting the error below.

Has anyone done the same for bookmarks for lumira designer and faced this issue?

regards

Varun

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Varun - have you installed the Lumira add-on? Which version/SP of BI4.2 are you using?

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

We are on 4.2 SP4 Patch 6.

We do have lumira add-on installed, that is how we are opening our discovery and designer reports on BI platform.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

mollaei_amir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm faced the same issue while saving bookmark, and I found a solution for it. I'll share with you maybe someone has encounter the same problem.

This issue resolved by selecting related objects to the Bookmark in the Bookmark definition section.

Before of this I was selected all of the objects, the one that related and unrelated to my Bookmark. I just selected the DataSources, charts, filters and crosstabs that related to the Bookmark, and this worked for me.

Hope it is help you,

Amir

turgay_samdanli2
Explorer
0 Kudos

upgrade lumira to latest version before taking any action.

0 Kudos

Hello, were you able to resolve the issue please? If so, could you advise what has helped you? We do have the same error but sometimes the bookmark works and sometimes not. Usually after applying filter and created the bookmark this error comes.

Thank you in advance for your help.

kr,

Dagmar

vineet_gupta3
Participant
0 Kudos

Try leaving the folder blank

farefin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

I searched as sugegsted by you.I could not see any "Lumira Add on".I could see the below liat.Please select how to proceed from here.

farefin
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am getting exactly the same issue.Can anyone please help me how to fix this issue.

I am using Lumira 2.2 Patch 2

SAP BO 4.2 SP4 patch6.

Do anyone have download link for Lumira Add on

Thanks

Faizan

mario_panzenboeck
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can download it from SAP service marketplace!

https://support.sap.com/en/index.html

Then click on Download Software and find the Download for Lumira in category "L" while browsing by alphabet categories.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Varun - the closest SAP note that resembled this situation (that I could find) is this: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2600342

0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy, looking at the note, this is only relevant to export csv/excel 😞

I hope someone who has implemented bookmarks for lumira designer replies.

The newly designed bookmark feature for lumira 2.x looks promising, only thing is it has to work.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun - I have no issues with the predefined bookmark against a BEx query using the Generic Analysis template with Lumira Designer 2.0 SP3

0 Kudos

I tried this again today, used 'Generic Analysis' Template, linked to query, published to BI Platform.

When I hit the 'Save' button to save the bookmark in the 'Lumira Personalization Bookmarks' folder, it gives the same 'Unknown error'. We have not used bookmarks before, do we need to enable any check boxes on CMC side?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Out of the box, you shouldn't have to do anything in CMC

Are you starting the creation of the template on the BI platform?

What do the Lumira Designer logs show?

0 Kudos

I used the generic analysis template from lumira designer client.

Lumira designer logs do not show any kind of error.

unknown error that is get is on BI platform, when I click on "save" in the "Add Bookmark: window, that you can see in the screen shot below. I have spent a lot of time trying to resolve this to no avail.

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy/All,

Any update on this error?

We are still facing the issue and have not been able to implement bookmarks in designer.

Generic template bookmark, without doing any changes are working fine. The moment we add the code to existing designer document, we get the 'Unknown analysis application' error on BI platform on 'Save'.

regards

Varun

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun - I would submit an incident with SAP Support at support.sap.com -I am sorry for the trouble. Please understand many of us volunteer to help here on our own time. Thank you

Your other option is to upgrade to 2.1, SP1, patch 1

0 Kudos

Thanks you Tammy. We might open a SAP ticket regarding this issue.

regards

Varun